Charge Defend Fort Wayne for Victory
FORT WAYNE, IN - The Canton Charge (5-6), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, allowed a season low for points in a win over the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (5-5), 96-81, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Monday night.
Canton led the entire game after taking a 9-8 lead on a Blossomgame turnaround jumper with 5:00 remaining in the first quarter. Jaron finished with 11 points after being converted into a Two-Way Player by the Cleveland Cavaliers yesterday. Bonzie Colson II posted his third double-double of the season with 14 points and 10 boards in 28 minutes. Kobi Simmons scored 9 of his 18 points in the fourth quarter, while JaCorey Williams (16 points, 2 steals) and Levi Randolph (13 points, six rebounds, three steals) led the Charge reserves.
Alize Johnson paced Fort Wayne with 16 points and 13 boards in 37 minutes on assignment from Indiana. Fellow Pacer Ike Anigbogu had a double-double added a double-double of 14 points and 13 rebounds in 36 minutes on assignment. Stephan Hicks had 15 points and five rebounds in 38 minutes.
The Charge have two home games in three nights this week beginning with a Sugardale Dollar Dog Night this Thursday, December 6th at 7:00 p.m. against the Long Island Nets (TV: ESPN+; RADIO: 99.7 FM). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2018
- Alkins Scores 22, But Windy City Falls 107-101 to South Bay - Windy City Bulls
- South Bay Grabs Fourth Straight Win by the Horns - South Bay Lakers
- Charge Defend Fort Wayne for Victory - Canton Charge
- Mad Ants Fall Short at Home against Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Trahson Burrell - Texas Legends
- Hustle Call in the Dogs for Showdown with Grand Rapids - Memphis Hustle
- Howdy Y'All: NAZ Suns Become Northern Arizona Rodeo Clowns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Raptors 905 Waive Kay Felder - Raptors 905
- Knicks Hold off Blue Coats in Overtime - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs to Host San Antonio Spurs Affiliate and Throwback Thursday Night on December 6 - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle & Hounds Night on Tuesday, December 4 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Travels to Delaware for Morning Matchup - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Update on Dan Gilbert's Health
- Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters and Canton Charge Announce New-Look-Game Entertainment Teams
- Salt Lake City Summer League Announces Game Schedule
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win
- Charge Stall in Grand Rapids