South Bay Drops Road Game in Iowa
DES MOINES, IA - The South Bay Lakers lost their first game of a weekend back-to-back, as they fell to the Iowa Wolves, 134-97, on Friday night. Marcus Allen led the Lakers (12-21) with a career-high 23 points as he shot 10-13 from the field. Marquise Moore tallied a triple-double and Darius Johnson-Odom scored a game-high 32 points to give the Wolves (10-23) the victory.
South Bay got off to a slow start as they trailed by 17 points, 31-14, through one quarter. Johnson-Odom scored 11 points in the first to give the Wolves the big lead. Johnson-Odom did more damage in the second quarter, scoring 12 points, as Iowa went into the half with a 63-39 advantage.
The Wolves extended their lead through three, 98-71, despite a combined 17 points from Allen and Travis Wear. Xavier Silas scored all 18 of his points in the final frame and the Wolves held off the Lakers to secure the home win.
Johnson-Odom's scoring and Moore's triple-double (18 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assists) led the Wolves to their first win over South Bay this season. Silas led the bench with 18 points while C.J. Williams (15 points), Jared Terrell (13 points) and Thomas Welsh (10 points) all scored in double figures for Iowa.
Allen's career-high paced the Lakers while Wear pitched in a 12-point, 10-rebound double-double. Alex Caruso and Scott Machado scored 12 points apiece and Johnathan Williams finished with five points and 10 rebounds for South Bay.
South Bay will play again tomorrow night when they face the Texas Legends at 5:30pm PT from the Comerica Center in Frisco, TX.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 1, 2019
- Trent Jr. Sinks Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Austin Spurs Fall to Long Island Nets 131-116 - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Dominate South Bay in Home Return - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors Fall to Blue 116-102; Both Teams Now Tied for Best Record in NBA G League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Go-Go Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Iowa - South Bay Lakers
- Baulkman's Career Night Helps Knicks' Second Half Stymie Drive, 110-103 - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Finish off Raptors 905 in Tight Affair on Friday Night - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Fall in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Drive Fall to the Knicks at Home Friday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Head Coach Joseph Blair and Isaiah Hartenstein Earn NBA G League Monthly Honors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Cavaliers Assign Kobi Simmons to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- BayHawks to Play as the "Erie Wave" for One Night - Erie BayHawks
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson to the Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester and Grand Rapids Square off Friday - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.