Baulkman's Career Night Helps Knicks' Second Half Stymie Drive, 110-103
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Westchester Knicks (20-15), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, took care of Grand Rapids Drive (13-18) behind a strong second half performance, 110-103, Friday night at DeltaPlex Arena.
Devon Baulkman packaged career-highs of 23 points, 19 of which came in the second half, and 10 rebounds. He also raised for three blocks (ties career-high), dished an assist, drained three triples and committed just one turnover in a near 36-minute starting performance.
Billy Garrett led all on the evening with 26 points on 52.9-percent shooting, tied a team-high six assists and swished three treys. Jameel Warney added 17 points and Zak Irvin had a double-double comprised of 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Marcus Thornton put up 24 points to lead the Drive. Henry Ellenson finished with 21 points and 13 rebounds. Kalin Lucas had a game-high eight helpers.
Westchester trailed the hosts by 10 at the break but opened the second-half on a 16-3 run, to deadlock scoring at 64-up at the 7:44 mark. Baulkman credited seven points in that span.
Six ties followed with the final plateau coming with 2:31 remaining in the game. Baulkman nailed a go-ahead three-pointer, on the feed from Irvin, and the Knicks played in the forefront until the final buzzer.
Only eight Westchester Knicks were active with Two-Way players Isaiah Hicks and Kadeem Allen transferred to the New York Knicks and John Jenkins on a 10-Day contract with the Washington Wizards.
The Knicks return to the County Center Sunday, February 3 for a 1:00 PM ET matchup with the Greensboro Swarm.
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/T08LLAKuCjU
Watch Devon Baulkman's highlights here - https://youtu.be/oI-Q0JIp5EA
Watch Billy Garrett's highlights here - https://youtu.be/cmNT7GyXYSw
Watch Jameel Warney's highlights here - https://youtu.be/EZ9ItmfDAso
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 1, 2019
- Trent Jr. Sinks Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Austin Spurs Fall to Long Island Nets 131-116 - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Dominate South Bay in Home Return - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors Fall to Blue 116-102; Both Teams Now Tied for Best Record in NBA G League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Go-Go Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Iowa - South Bay Lakers
- Baulkman's Career Night Helps Knicks' Second Half Stymie Drive, 110-103 - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Finish off Raptors 905 in Tight Affair on Friday Night - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Fall in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Drive Fall to the Knicks at Home Friday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Head Coach Joseph Blair and Isaiah Hartenstein Earn NBA G League Monthly Honors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Cavaliers Assign Kobi Simmons to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- BayHawks to Play as the "Erie Wave" for One Night - Erie BayHawks
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson to the Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester and Grand Rapids Square off Friday - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Receive Returning Rights to JJ Moore for Paul Watson
- Watson Leads G League Elite in Scoring in Four-Game Tourney
- Watson Named to USA's Elite Team for G League International Challenge
- Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule