Baulkman's Career Night Helps Knicks' Second Half Stymie Drive, 110-103
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Westchester Knicks (20-15), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, took care of Grand Rapids Drive (13-18) behind a strong second half performance, 110-103, Friday night at DeltaPlex Arena.
Devon Baulkman packaged career-highs of 23 points, 19 of which came in the second half, and 10 rebounds. He also raised for three blocks (ties career-high), dished an assist, drained three triples and committed just one turnover in a near 36-minute starting performance.
Billy Garrett led all on the evening with 26 points on 52.9-percent shooting, tied a team-high six assists and swished three treys. Jameel Warney added 17 points and Zak Irvin had a double-double comprised of 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Marcus Thornton put up 24 points to lead the Drive. Henry Ellenson finished with 21 points and 13 rebounds. Kalin Lucas had a game-high eight helpers.
Westchester trailed the hosts by 10 at the break but opened the second-half on a 16-3 run, to deadlock scoring at 64-up at the 7:44 mark. Baulkman credited seven points in that span.
Six ties followed with the final plateau coming with 2:31 remaining in the game. Baulkman nailed a go-ahead three-pointer, on the feed from Irvin, and the Knicks played in the forefront until the final buzzer.
Only eight Westchester Knicks were active with Two-Way players Isaiah Hicks and Kadeem Allen transferred to the New York Knicks and John Jenkins on a 10-Day contract with the Washington Wizards.
The Knicks return to the County Center Sunday, February 3 for a 1:00 PM ET matchup with the Greensboro Swarm.
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/T08LLAKuCjU
Watch Devon Baulkman's highlights here - https://youtu.be/oI-Q0JIp5EA
Watch Billy Garrett's highlights here - https://youtu.be/cmNT7GyXYSw
Watch Jameel Warney's highlights here - https://youtu.be/EZ9ItmfDAso
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 1, 2019
- Trent Jr. Sinks Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Austin Spurs Fall to Long Island Nets 131-116 - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Dominate South Bay in Home Return - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors Fall to Blue 116-102; Both Teams Now Tied for Best Record in NBA G League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Go-Go Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Iowa - South Bay Lakers
- Baulkman's Career Night Helps Knicks' Second Half Stymie Drive, 110-103 - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Finish off Raptors 905 in Tight Affair on Friday Night - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Fall in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Drive Fall to the Knicks at Home Friday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Head Coach Joseph Blair and Isaiah Hartenstein Earn NBA G League Monthly Honors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Cavaliers Assign Kobi Simmons to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- BayHawks to Play as the "Erie Wave" for One Night - Erie BayHawks
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson to the Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester and Grand Rapids Square off Friday - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.