Sounders FC Announces Gunbir Gill as Club's Official eMLS Gamer for 2021 Season
SEATTLE, WASH. - Seattle Sounders FC today announced that it has signed Gunbir Gill as the Rave Green's official competitive esports representative for the 2021 season. Gill, a gamer with extensive FIFA competition experience, joins the team following a private search by the club. While representing Seattle, Gill will play under the handle GSGxSFC.
"I am very excited to represent the Sounders in eMLS," said Gill. "I've lived in the Seattle area my whole life, so to be able to show off for my home team is an honor. eMLS has gained a massive following and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. Seattle is a place for champions and I hope to continue that tradition."
Gill, 20, hails from Kent, Washington. He is currently ranked within the PS4 Top 100 FUT Champions leaderboard in the Americas and has had success in the past, as well. In 2017, Gill, an amateur, finished third in the FUT Champions Regional in Vancouver, ahead of four professional FIFA players that are all currently representing a club in eMLS. His placing in that tournament qualified him for the Ultimate Team Championship Finals in Berlin, where he finished tied for 16th place.
The 2021 eMLS season will be comprised of three livestreamed tournaments that each take place over the course of two days, doubling the broadcast hours of the 2020 eMLS season. With health and safety of all participants at the forefront, the entirety of the 2021 eMLS season will be played online. Fans can tune into all three competitions on Twitch.tv/MLS, Twitter.com/MLS and MLSsoccer.com.
Earlier this week, MLS announced additional details surrounding the 2021 eMLS format and schedule, which can be found here. The full 2021 eMLS roster, listing gamers representing each club, can be found here.
For further information on eMLS, visit www.MLSsoccer.com/eMLS.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 17, 2020
- Sounders FC Announces Gunbir Gill as Club's Official eMLS Gamer for 2021 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Selects Midfielder Raheem Edwards in Stage 1 of 2020 Re-Entry Process - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Winner of Supporter-Designed New Nordecke Patch Contest - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United, LAFC and Sporting Kansas City Acquire Players in Stage 1 of Re-Entry Process - MLS
- Timbers Acquire Defender Claudio Bravo - Portland Timbers
- Sporting KC Acquires Goalkeeper Kendall McIntosh - Sporting Kansas City
- Atlanta Selects Andrew Gutman with No. 1 Pick in Re-Entry Draft - Atlanta United FC
- Austin FC Acquires Finnish International and NYCFC Captain Alex Ring Ahead of Inaugural MLS Season - Austin FC
- New York City FCÂ AcquiresÂ Up to $1.25M in General Allocation MoneyÂ from Austin FC ForÂ Alex Ring - New York City FC
- FC Cincinnati Acquire $75,000 in General Allocation Money from Atlanta United FC - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta acquires No. 1 pick in Thursday's Re-Entry Draft - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Sign Forward Jonathan Lewis to New Contract - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Trades Fafa Picault to Houston Dynamo FC - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo FC Acquire Fafa Picault from FC Dallas - Houston Dynamo
- 2020 Year in Review: Top On-Field Moments - Colorado Rapids
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Stunner Voted Greatest Goal Presented by AT&T - MLS
- Impact Acquires Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic from Chicago Fire - Club de Foot Montreal
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires up to $1,000,000 in General Allocation Money from Montreal Impact in Exchange for Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Announce Danny Higginbotham as Primary Broadcast Color Analyst - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC 2021 Preseason Begins March 1 at Starfire Sports
- Jordan Morris Scheduled to Return Stateside to Prepare for Surgery
- Sounders FC Acquires General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Celebrates Black History Month
- Voting Open for Seattle Sports Commission's 86th Annual Sports Star of the Year Awards