Sounders FC and JOEtv to Produce Live Post-Match Show During MLS Is Back Tournament
SEATTLE, WASH. - Ahead of Sounders FC's first match of the MLS is Back Tournament this Friday, the club has announced that it is producing special post-match programming on JOEtv for each of Seattle's tournament matches.
The 30-minute post-match show is being hosted by Sounders play-by-play man Keith Costigan, with analysts and former Sounders Steve Zakuani and Brad Evans covering all the action in Orlando. The studio show gives fans a chance to hear directly from Head Coach Brian Schmetzer and Sounders FC players, while also previewing the next game on the schedule.
Sounders FC kicks off its group stage tournament play tomorrow evening, facing the San Jose Earthquakes in a 6:00 p.m. PT kickoff, televised nationally on ESPN and ESPN Deportes. Friday's post-game show on JOEtv is scheduled for 8:30-9:00 p.m. PT.
Fans can also listen to matches on Sports Radio 950 KJR AM and El Rey 1360 AM. KJR will air all group stage matches, while El Rey will offer tomorrow's match against San Jose and the July 19 matchup against Vancouver. Radio broadcasts for both affiliates are complete with pre-match and post-match coverage, beginning 30 minutes prior to kickoff on each station followed by another 30 minutes of coverage following the final whistle. KJR's Sounders Weekly with Jackson Felts has returned, airing Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. PT throughout the tournament in Orlando. El Rey's studio show Somos Sounders FC continues airing on Saturday mornings at 10:30 a.m. PT.
Earlier today, Major League Soccer announced an updated format and schedule for the MLS is Back Tournament and that Nashville SC have been withdrawn from the competition. Combined with FC Dallas previously pulling out of the tournament, MLS has reconfigured the groups by sliding Chicago Fire SC over to Group B alongside Sounders FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC. By doing so, the tournament now has six groups, each consisting of four teams. As a result, Sounders FC's Group Stage schedule has been adjusted, with the club now facing Chicago on Tuesday, July 14 (6:00 a.m. PT / ESPN, ESPN Deportes) and Vancouver on Sunday, July 19 (7:30 p.m. PT / FS1, TUDN). Seattle's match vs. San Jose remains on schedule for tomorrow evening (6:00 p.m. PT / ESPN, ESPN Deportes).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 9, 2020
- Match Report - Montreal Impact 0-1 New England Revolution - Montreal Impact
- Revolution Open MLS Is Back Tournament with 1-0 Win against Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC and JOEtv to Produce Live Post-Match Show During MLS Is Back Tournament - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Launches Owner Sessions Featuring Mia Hamm-Garciaparra, Brandon Beck and Peter Guber - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Celebrate West End Stadium Construction Milestone - FC Cincinnati
- Notes & Quotes : New York City FC 0 - 1 Philadelphia Union - New York City FC
- Alejandro Bedoya nets winner in team's first MLS Is Back match - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy Name Kevin Hartman Director of the LA Galaxy Academy - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Acquire Future MLS SuperDraft Pick from Real Salt Lake in Exchange for T2 Forward Ryan Sierakowski - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy to Host Drive-In Watch Party at the Rose Bowl Stadium on July 13 for Opening Match in MLS Is Back Tournament - LA Galaxy
- TUDN Radio Houston to Broadcast Houston Dynamo Games Through 2022 Season - Houston Dynamo
- Match Preview: New York and Atlanta Clash on National TV Saturday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Schedule Changes for Sounders FC Announced in MLS Is Back Tournament - Seattle Sounders FC
- City's #MLSisBack Schedule Updated Following Nashville Withdrawal - Orlando City SC
- D.C. United Featuring Gainbridge as Sponsor for MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF's Revised MLS Is Back Group Stage Schedule, Opponents Updated - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Withdrawn from the MLS Is Back Tournament - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Joins Group B in MLS Is Back Tournament - Chicago Fire
- KC2026 World Cup Bid Committee Presents to FIFA and U.S. Soccer - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville SC Withdrawn from MLS Is Back Tournament - MLS
- MLS Announces Changes to Groups for MLS Is Back Tournament - San Jose Earthquakes
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Andres Reyes in Good Spirits; Back at Team Hotel - Inter Miami CF
- Achara Undergoes Successful Surgery - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Introduces Events DC Jersey Sponsorship for MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Nani's Stoppage Winner Leads Orlando City Past Inter Miami in Inaugural Match - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Kicks off MLS Is Back Tournament, Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Orlando City SC - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Major League Soccer Announces Schedule for 2020 Continuation of Play
- Seattle Bows out of MLS Is Back Tournament with 4-1 Loss to LAFC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Los Angeles FC - July 27, 2020
- Sounders FC to Face Los Angeles FC in Knockout Stage of MLS Is Back Tournament
- Sounders FC Secures Passage to Knockout Round of MLS Is Back Tournament with 3-0 Victory over Vancouver