Solar Bears Fall to Steelheads 4-1
ORLANDO, Fla. - Cody Donaghey scored the lone goal for the Orlando Solar Bears (34-22-4-1) in a 4-1 loss to the Idaho Steelheads (36-22-3-2) on Sunday afternoon at the RDV Sportsplex Ice Den.
Idaho opened the scoring with goals in the first period from Henrik Samuelsson at 4:33 and a shorthanded marker from Will Merchant at 10:38.
Donaghey one-timed a feed from Chris LeBlanc past Tomas Sholl at 13:34 to get Orlando on the board.
Idaho added two more goals in the second frame as Elgin Pearce tallied another shorthanded goal at 5:49 and Steven McParland found twine on the man advantage at 16:28.
Connor Ingram took the loss with 21 saves on 25 shots against; Sholl picked up the victory for Idaho with 36 stops on 37 shots against.
1) Tomas Sholl - IDH
2) Will Merchant - IDH
3) Henrik Samuelsson - IDH
Orlando's magic number to clinch a berth in the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs remains at six points. Troy Bourke had the secondary assist on Donaghey's goal, extending his point streak to five games (3g-9a). Donaghey's goal extended his point streak to four games (2g-4a).
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears return to the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center to conclude its series with Idaho on Tuesday, March 19 at 7 p.m. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for this game.
2019-20 Season Ticket Memberships on Sale Now:
Upgrade to Solar Status and become a Season Ticket Member today. Season ticket memberships for the 2019-20 season are now on sale and start as little as $270.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2019
- Solar Bears Fall to Steelheads 4-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Win OT Thriller - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Clinch 22nd-Straight Postseason Appearance with 4-1 Win over Orlando - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Closes Road Trip with OT Loss in Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Withstand Everblades' Comeback to Win Series Finale - Florida Everblades
- 6 Different Scorers Give Stingrays Win over Florida - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits' Offense Quieted by IceMen - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Battle Back But Come up Short in 7-4 Home Loss to Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Fall in Eighteen Round Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Top Growlers in Epic Eighteen Round Shootout - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Use Four Third-Period Goals to Crown Royals 6-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Atlanta Improves Point Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Home Win over the Admirals - Atlanta Gladiators
- Adirondack Goes Ahead in Final Three Minutes and Defeats Royals, 6-3 - Reading Royals
- Kivlenieks Backstops K-Wings to 2-1 Victory on Green Ice - Kalamazoo Wings
- Monarchs Rack up Seven Goals on Railers in 7-4 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Beast Can't Solve Fucale, Drop Third Straight - Brampton Beast
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Steelheads - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Things Turning Green for St. Patrick's Day - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day at Adirondack: Catch Today's Game on BCTV at 2:45 p.m. - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 5-2 Military Night Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win 5-2 on Military Night - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.