Solar Bears Acquire Tommy Panico from Growlers
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced the club has acquired defenseman Tommy Panico from the Newfoundland Growlers in exchange for future considerations.
Panico (PAN-ih-KOH), 25, produced four points (3g-1a) and 12 penalty minutes in 39 games with Newfoundland during the 2019-20 season.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound blueliner has appeared in 85 ECHL games with Newfoundland and Worcester, generating nine points (5g-4a) and 22 penalty minutes. He has also skated in one American Hockey League game with the Iowa Wild.
Prior to turning pro, the Wall, N.J. native played college hockey for UMass-Lowell, where he recorded 42 points (11g-31a) and 34 penalty minutes in 115 career games for the River Hawks program.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 22, 2020
- Rush to Participate in ECHL's NHL 20 Tournament - Rapid City Rush
- IceMen to Compete in ECHL NHL 20 Tournament - Jacksonville IceMen
- Glads to Participate in NHL 20 Tournament - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL to Hold NHL 20 Tournament - ECHL
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Jared Pike - Utah Grizzlies
- Growlers Trade Tommy Panico to Orlando - Newfoundland Growlers
- Solar Bears Acquire Tommy Panico from Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Dillan Fox Returns for Third Season - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.