Skyforce Skid Continues in Loss to Blue
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce (22-14) fell 130-117 to the Western Conference-leading Oklahoma City Blue (25-9) on Sunday at the Sanford Pentagon. The loss pushes the Sioux Falls losing streak to four-consecutive games.
The Skyforce led 34-32 after a back-and-forth first quarter which saw Briante Weber (23 points, 15 assists and eight rebounds) and Miami HEAT two-way player Duncan Robinson (21 points) score 11 points apiece to lead the Force early on. However, the Blue responded by outscoring the home team by nine points in the second quarter, and never looked back.
A pair of 20-point performances from Oklahoma City Thunder two-way player Deonte Burton (27 points) and Bryce Alford (23 points) paced the Blue's offensive attack for the majority of the game. Defense was a large part of Oklahoma City's success as well, turning 18 Skyforce turnovers into 19 points.
Raphiael Putney (29 points, five rebounds and four steals) continued his hot play alongside Rodney Purvis (22 points), who turned in one of his most productive performances in recent games. Marcus Lee (16 rebounds and eight points) collected a new career-high in rebounds on the night and his 29 minutes played were his most in a game since returning from injury.
Richard Solomon dominated the paint, posting 19 points and eight rebounds while finishing a team-high plus-18 in the victory for the Blue, while Scotty Hopson (16 points), Kevin Hervey (12 points) and Abdul Gaddy (11 points) combined for 39 points to round out the bulk of the scoring for the visitors.
Sioux Falls will look to get back into the win column on its home floor this weekend in a back-to-back against the Agua Caliente Clippers (16-15) on Friday, February 8 followed by a matchup with the Stockton Kings (19-12) on Saturday, February 9. Both games will be played at 7:00PM CT at the Sanford Pentagon.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma City (now winners of four-straight games) travels to Des Moines to take on the Iowa Wolves (11-23) in a 10:30AM CT game on Tuesday, February 5. Today's win puts the Blue in sole possession of first place in the Western Conference just ahead of the Santa Cruz Warriors (24-9).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 3, 2019
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Lakeland Magic, 101-99 - Stockton Kings
- Skyforce Skid Continues in Loss to Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Garrett, Warney Tally Career Numbers in Two-Point Loss to Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires A.J. Hess in Trade with Canton Charge - Wisconsin Herd
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Mulder Parades Bulls Past Charge - Canton Charge
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Hosts Swarm for Afternoon Meeting Today - Westchester Knicks
- Cool Jerseys Or Not, Suns Can't Keep Pace with Blue Coats - Northern Arizona Suns
- Three Lakers Notch Double-Doubles in Win over Texas - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.