Garrett, Warney Tally Career Numbers in Two-Point Loss to Swarm
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks (20-16), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, saw Billy Garrett and Jameel Warney put on career-performances before falling to the Greensboro Swarm (16-16), 98-96, Sunday afternoon at Westchester County Center.
The Knicks were led by Garrett who was one-point shy of tying his career-high ending with 28 points. He made a career-best four triples, season-high eight free-throws, tied a career-high seven rebounds and dished a game-high six assists.
Warney flirted with a triple-double tallying 20 points, a game-high 12 boards and a career-high eight assists. Zak Irvin put up 16 points and eight rebounds.
The Knicks credited a lead as large as 13 points and were up 11 at the conclusion of the first half. A cold front hurt Westchester in the third quarter as the team was only able to hit five of its 16 shot attempts scoring just 20 points in the window. Greensboro on the other hand netted 12 tries from the field including two from distance to go up one before the fourth quarter began.
The Swarm edged Westchester 29-28 in the final window in large part to Dwayne Bacon who added 14 points and Jayleen Barford who chipped in 13. The duo finished the night with 30 and 32 respective points.
Barford grabbed 11 rebounds to round out his double-double while Cat Barber registered a team-high five assists for the Swarm.
Greensboro evened the series with the Knicks, 1-1.
Only eight Westchester Knicks were active with Two-Way players Isaiah Hicks and Kadeem Allen with the New York Knicks, John Jenkins on a 10-Day contract with the Washington Wizards and Stephen Zimmerman nursing left knee soreness.
The Knicks are back in action Friday, February 8 against the Canton Charge. Tip-off inside the County Center is slated for 7 PM (ET).
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/fRXVUHwPxv0
Watch Billy Garrett's highlights here - https://youtu.be/PwCZTWOMZNs
Watch Jameel Warney's highlights here - https://youtu.be/BOIIVi4ws_o
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 3, 2019
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Lakeland Magic, 101-99 - Stockton Kings
- Skyforce Skid Continues in Loss to Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Garrett, Warney Tally Career Numbers in Two-Point Loss to Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires A.J. Hess in Trade with Canton Charge - Wisconsin Herd
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Mulder Parades Bulls Past Charge - Canton Charge
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Hosts Swarm for Afternoon Meeting Today - Westchester Knicks
- Cool Jerseys Or Not, Suns Can't Keep Pace with Blue Coats - Northern Arizona Suns
- Three Lakers Notch Double-Doubles in Win over Texas - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Receive Returning Rights to JJ Moore for Paul Watson
- Watson Leads G League Elite in Scoring in Four-Game Tourney
- Watson Named to USA's Elite Team for G League International Challenge
- Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule