Three Lakers Notch Double-Doubles in Win over Texas
FRISCO, TX - The South Bay Lakers (13-21) broke a three-game losing streak with a 148-114 win over the Texas Legends (13-23) Saturday night in Frisco.
Texas grabbed the first lead with an opener from Vander Blue before Marcus Allen knocked down back-to-backs to put South Bay on top. The two stayed close and exchanged leads four times in the first eight minutes. With just under four in the first, Travis Wear hit three triples in less than a minute to give the visitors a 12-point advantage they would ultimately take into the break. South Bay's lead stretched in the second but Texas finished with an 11-4 run to keep the 12-point difference at the half.
The Lakers jumped up to a 20-plus gap early in the third and never looked back. Texas shot a respectable 46% on the night but South Bay knocked down 56% and doubled their makes from outside with 18-of-38 over Texas' 9-of-36. The Lakers also dominated the boards 55-39.
Keith Hornsby led the Legends' scoring efforts with 21 while Vander Blue and Xavier Rathan-Mayes added 20 each. Kostas Antetokounmpo grabbed his second double-double of the season with 16 points, 10 rebounds, and Donte Ingram added a season-high 12 points off the bench to round out the double-digit scorers.
Jeffrey Carroll and Justin Harper led the Lakers with 25 points each while Wear chipped in a 22-point, 11-rebound double-double. Lakers two-way Alex Caruso added 19 points and a career-high 16 assists while fellow two-way Johnathan Williams finished with 12 points and a game-high 13 rebounds.
Texas will host the Memphis Hustle next Saturday at 7:30pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 3, 2019
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Lakeland Magic, 101-99 - Stockton Kings
- Skyforce Skid Continues in Loss to Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Garrett, Warney Tally Career Numbers in Two-Point Loss to Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires A.J. Hess in Trade with Canton Charge - Wisconsin Herd
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Mulder Parades Bulls Past Charge - Canton Charge
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Hosts Swarm for Afternoon Meeting Today - Westchester Knicks
- Cool Jerseys Or Not, Suns Can't Keep Pace with Blue Coats - Northern Arizona Suns
- Three Lakers Notch Double-Doubles in Win over Texas - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.