Skyforce Prove to be Too Much for Wolves
Sioux Falls, S.D. - The Iowa Wolves (9-18) dropped their second straight game Wednesday evening, losing 133-122 on the road to the Sioux Falls Skyforce (19-10).
Darius Johnson-Odom and Canyon Barry packed a one-two punch on the offensive end for Iowa, finishing with 29 points and 28 points respectively.
Johnson-Odom finished 9-of-21 from the floor, including a perfect 8-of-8 from the charity stripe while recording a game-high in points.
Barry shot 11-of-18 from the floor and finished with a season-high in points scored. The former Florida Gator added seven rebounds in the loss.
After limiting the Skyforce to just 15 points in the first quarter, the Wolves would be outscored 118-96 the rest of the way at the Sanford Pentagon.
Hakim Warrick posted his second double-double in as many games, finishing with 18 points, a team-high 11 rebounds and six assists.
As a team the Wolves shot just 29.4% (10-of-34) from the three-point line while allowing the Skyforce to shoot 51.1% from the field and 41.9% (13-of-31) from deep.
The Wolves finished their season series 1-3 against the Skyforce.
Former NBA guard Briante Weber posted a team-high 28 points off the bench for Sioux Falls while shooting 12-of-19 from the floor. Four players finished with at least 20 points for the Skyforce.
Iowa continues its six-game road trip with a Friday night matchup against the Oklahoma City Blue at 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2019
- Skyforce Prove to be Too Much for Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Force Bench Scores 75 Points in Win over Wolves - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Nic Thornton Recognized as Memphis Hustle High School Athlete of the Month Presented by Campbell Clinic - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City's Lemon Jr. Suspended and Fined - G League
- Lakeland Magic Host 2,000 Students for School Day Game - Lakeland Magic
- Stars Acquire Kyle Benjamin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wisconsin Herd Completes Trade with Austin Spurs - Wisconsin Herd
- Austin Spurs Obtain Travis Trice in Trade with Wisconsin Herd - Austin Spurs
- BayHawks Capitalize on Late Second Chance Opportunities to Defeat Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Gets Back to Winning Ways with Third Straight Home Victory - Long Island Nets
- Balanced Nets Overwhelm Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Tyler Dorsey, Transfer Alex Poythress to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Blue Rally Falls Short against Vipers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Hustle Doomed by Balanced Effort from South Bay - Memphis Hustle
- Tucker Strikes for 33, Vipers Give Oklahoma City the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Announce Priority Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory