Austin Spurs Obtain Travis Trice in Trade with Wisconsin Herd
AUSTIN, TX - The Austin Spurs, presented by SWBC, announced today the team has acquired Travis Trice from the Wisconsin Herd in exchange for Nick Johnson, the returning rights to Olivier Hanlan and Austin's own 2019 NBA G League Draft second round pick. The trade is subject to Trice and Johnson passing a physical.
Trice (6-2, 177) is averaging 15.4 points, 5.1 assists, 4.5 rebounds and 1.47 steals in 34.8 minutes over 19 games (18 starts) this season with the Wisconsin Herd. He joined the Herd after spending training camp with the Milwaukee Bucks.
The guard spent the 2017-18 campaign split between the Brisbane Bullets, where he averaged 15.5 points, 3.6 rebounds and 5.1 assists in 32.2 minutes over 27 games and Champville SC of the Lebanese Basketball League.
Trice spent the first half of the 2016-17 season with the Cairns Taipans in Australia, averaging 14.6 points, 3.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists in 26.7 minutes over 26 games. For the second half he joined the Westchester Knicks, averaging 21.1 points, 3.6 rebounds and 6.4 assists in 35.6 minutes over nine games.
In his first professional season, he played 51 games for Westchester in 2015-16 where he averaged 15.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, 5.7 assists in 34 minutes over 49 games (48 starts) after being waived by the New York Knicks in the preseason.
The Michigan State Spartan played four years in college, holding career averages of 8.5 points, 2.9 assists and 2.1 rebounds in 23.6 minutes over 134 games played.
Johnson was originally acquired by the Austin Spurs in the middle of the 2015-16 season, where he finished out the campaign. He rejoined the Silver and Black for the 2017-18 season, helping the Spurs to capture the 2018 G League Championship, where he was named Finals MVP. Hanlan was originally acquired by Austin in 2017-18, when he averaged 14.7 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 30.6 minutes over 44 games.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2019
- Skyforce Prove to be Too Much for Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Force Bench Scores 75 Points in Win over Wolves - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Nic Thornton Recognized as Memphis Hustle High School Athlete of the Month Presented by Campbell Clinic - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City's Lemon Jr. Suspended and Fined - G League
- Lakeland Magic Host 2,000 Students for School Day Game - Lakeland Magic
- Stars Acquire Kyle Benjamin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wisconsin Herd Completes Trade with Austin Spurs - Wisconsin Herd
- Austin Spurs Obtain Travis Trice in Trade with Wisconsin Herd - Austin Spurs
- BayHawks Capitalize on Late Second Chance Opportunities to Defeat Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Gets Back to Winning Ways with Third Straight Home Victory - Long Island Nets
- Balanced Nets Overwhelm Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Tyler Dorsey, Transfer Alex Poythress to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Blue Rally Falls Short against Vipers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Hustle Doomed by Balanced Effort from South Bay - Memphis Hustle
- Tucker Strikes for 33, Vipers Give Oklahoma City the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.