Skyforce Acquires Jarrett Jack
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has acquired 13-year NBA veteran Jarrett Jack off of waivers. Jack will wear No. 6 for Sioux Falls and will be available for the first time when the team travels to take on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Saturday, March 9 at 7:00PM CT.
Jack, a 6-3, 200-pound guard out of Georgia Tech has appeared in 867 career NBA games (399 starts) and averaged 10.8 points, 4.6 assists and 2.9 rebounds in just under 28 minutes per contest. Over his 13-year career, Jack has played for the Portland Trail Blazers, Indiana Pacers, Toronto Raptors, New Orleans Pelicans, Golden State Warriors, Cleveland Cavaliers, Brooklyn Nets, and the New York Knicks.
Jack had a successful two-year stint with the Brooklyn Nets from in which he averaged 12.2 points, 5.4 assists and 3.2 rebounds from 2014-16, including a career-high 35-point outing against one of his former teams, the Toronto Raptors, on January 30, 2016. In total, Jack has tallied 9,349 points and 3,950 assists in his NBA career.
Jack has also appeared in 24 NBA playoff games (four starts) for the New Orleans Pelicans, Golden State Warriors and Brooklyn Nets. During the 2012-13 NBA post season with the Warriors, Jack averaged a career-best 17.2 points, 4.6 assists and 4.4 rebounds per contest across 12 appearances (four starts).
Prior to his professional career, Jack played three collegiate seasons at Georgia Tech, appearing in 101 games (100 starts) and averaging 12.5 points, 5.4 assists, 4.5 rebounds and 1.8 steals per contest. As a senior during the 2004-05 season, Jack averaged 15.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game on his way to being named to the All-ACC Second Team and the ACC All-Tournament Second Team.
In addition to claiming Jack off of waivers, the Skyforce have reactivated guard Bubu Palo, who will also be available for Saturday's game at Rio Grande Valley. Harry Rafferty and Gerard Tarin have been waived in completing the two transactions.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2019
- BayHawks Surge Past Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Dwayne Bacon Propels Greensboro Past Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- BayHawks Surge Past Spurs - Erie BayHawks
- Hustle Face Colossal Back-To-Back on the Road with Major Playoff Implications - Memphis Hustle
- Skyforce Acquires Jarrett Jack - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hornets Assign Bacon and Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Jordan Adams - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stars Open Homestand with Win over Raptors - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Coats Sweep Away Mad Ants for Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce, Sanford Power Basketball Academy to Host Youth Basketball Camp
- Skyforce Announces Five Priority Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Two-Way Players Maten, Robinson Selected to All-NBA G League Teams, All-Rookie Team
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce
- Blue Soars Past Skyforce