Skeeters Win Rain-Shortened Series Finale vs. Round Rock
(SUGAR LAND, Texas) - The Sugar Land Skeeters picked up a 4-2 win to close out their series against the Round Rock Express on Tuesday night at Constellation Field, in a game that was called in the bottom of the fifth due to inclement weather.
After falling behind 2-0 in the top of the first, the Skeeters rattled off four unanswered runs for the win, their first since the series opener last Thursday.
Abraham Toro went 2-for-2 with a home run, double and two RBIs. It was Toro's second home run of the year and he's now hitting .404 (19x47) over his last 13 games. His RBI double closed out a three-run third inning.
Alex De Goti opened the scoring in the third with an RBI double. He came around to score on a single from Jake Meyers that got by Express center fielder Leody Taveras, landing Meyers on third base.
Right-hander Chad Donato pitched all five innings of the shortened game, allowing just one hit and striking out one to go with three walks.
Brock Burke got the start for Round Rock and allowed four runs on three hits through three innings. Jharel Cotton tossed a scoreless fourth inning.
Following a Wednesday off day, the Skeeters will begin a six-game series at 7:05 p.m. against the El Paso Chihuahuas at Southwest University Park.
Single-game Skeeters tickets are on sale through the month of June. People can visit sugarlandskeeters.com/tickets to purchase their tickets today.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from June 15, 2021
- Skeeters Top Express 4-2 in Rain-Shortened Contest - Round Rock Express
- Skeeters Win Rain-Shortened Series Finale vs. Round Rock - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Aces Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 15, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Rally to Beat Isotopes 5-4 - Salt Lake Bees
- July 1-20 Tickets on Sale Now - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Single-Game Tickets for July-September OKC Dodgers Games Now on Sale & Special Promotions Announced - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Kelenic and White Go Yard as Rainiers Take Third Straight against Sacramento - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aviators Blow Big Lead, Drop 21-16 Slugfest to Aces - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aces Overcome Six-Run Deficit, Slug Five Homers in 21-16 Win - Reno Aces
- Bats go quiet in loss to Tacoma - Sacramento River Cats
- Express Uses Extra Inning to Secure Series Win over Skeeters - Round Rock Express
- Early Leads Go by the Wayside as Bees Triumph - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Skeeters Lose in Extras to Round Rock - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Early Runs Help El Paso Hold off Oklahoma City - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers' Comeback Comes up Short - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.