Shutout Seals Series for Bees in Second Game against KC
It was Community Basket Day at Community Field Sunday, and there were lots of winners, including the Bees. The fans won thousands of dollars in prize give aways. Burlington defeated Kane County 3-0.
With the win the Bees insured Kane County would lose their first series since early July. Winner Kyle Tyler worked five innings. He gave up just 3 hits. He walked no one and struck out 5 to run his record to 7-1. Luis Alvarado threw 3 frames of no-hit ball in relief.
Ethan Clark earned a save by throwing a 1-2-3 ninth.
With no score entering the bottom of the fifth, Francisco Del Valle led off with a single to right. Nonie Williams drove him in with a triple to left. Justin Jones singled to right scoring Williams. The Bees were not done. Ryan Vega kept the line moving with a single to left, making it first and second. Two outs later Livan Soto hit a single to right loading the bases.The third, and final run scored on a Kevin Maitan walk.
The Cougars never threatened after that. The final went to the Bees 3-0. Livan Soto continued to swing a hot bat with two hits in four trips.
The teams hook-up for the final game of the set Monday in Burlington at 6:30 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Season High 19 Hits Leads to 3rd Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Shutout Seals Series for Bees in Second Game against KC - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Score Six Runs in Sunday Loss - Peoria Chiefs
- Strong Start Not Enough as Beloit falls 4-2 to Cedar Rapids - Beloit Snappers
- Qsar Homers in 7-4 Loss to Loons on Sunday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Comeback Cubs Strike Again and Beat TinCaps 8-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Snyder, Celestino Launch Kernels to 4-2 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rodriguez, Conine Power 10-6 Victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lansing Enjoys Big Inning as They Top Dragons 10-6 on Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Lose First Series Since Early July - Kane County Cougars
- Bandits Get By Rattlers 3-2 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bandits Edge Timber Rattlers on Sunday Afternoon - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Weathers Shines in Start at South Bend - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Historic Grand Slam Lifts Great Lakes - Great Lakes Loons
- Erik Cha joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 11 at South Bend (Game 117) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Bats Quiet for 'Caps in Road Trip Opener - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.