Sens Rally for Five in the Eighth, Beat Trenton 6-5
The Senators rallied for five runs in the eighth to beat Trenton 6-4 Tuesday night at FNB Field. Chuck Taylor drove in a pair of runs to put the Sens on top then Tres Barrera doubled in two more runs to give the Senators a 6-3 lead in the eighth inning. Trenton had taken a 3-1 lead in the fourth inning on a three-run double by Kyle Holder. Joan Baez pitched the final two innings for the win. The Senators improve to 27-10 while Trenton falls to 21-12.
Trailing 3-1 in the eighth inning, Hunter Jones reached on a throwing error with one out. The Senators then had five of their next six batters reach including two run doubles by Chuck Taylor and Tres Barrera. Ian Sagdal had an RBI single as well.
On Capitol Hill
Tyler Mapes started and pitched six solid innings allowing six hits on three runs. He struck out nine including the side in order in the second inning. He allowed the three runs on a two-out three run double. Tyler threw 99 pitches, 64 strikes. Trevor Rosenthal followed and pitched an inning in relief walking two and striking out one. Joan Baez pitched the final two innings and earned the win. In the ninth, Trenton scored a run and had the tying runs on base when Baez induced a game ending double play.
With the Gavel
Ian Sagdal had two hits and two RBIs. Chuck Taylor drove in the go ahead run with a two-run double in the eighth. Tres Barrera drove in two insurance runs in the eighth with a double of his own. Drew Ward also had a hit in the game.
The Senators move 17 games over .500, matching their season best record.
With the win, the Senators have secured a series win and are now 10-1-1 in their 12 series this season.
After being swept by Binghamton, the Sens have won 4 out of 5.
The Sens entered the game leading the E.L. in doubles with 65 and had three more Tuesday night.
The Senators and Trenton Thunder play game four of four-game series Tuesday night at 10:30 a.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 10:18 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Kay's Shutout, Mazeika's Grand Slam Lead to DH Sweep - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Fightins salvage second game of doubleheader with 8-1 win - Reading Fightin Phils
- Diaz's Two-Hit Shutout Leads NH to Game 1 Win in Tuesday's DH Split - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- SeaWolves Walk-Off on Squirrels - Erie SeaWolves
- Sens Rally for Five in the Eighth, Beat Trenton 6-5 - Harrisburg Senators
- 8th Inning Rally Thwarts Brilliant Outing from Abreu - Trenton Thunder
- Yard Goats 'Re-Koop' for Bounce Back Win - Hartford Yard Goats
- Hartford Shuts Down the 'Dogs, 8-0 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Lowther Dominates Ducks, 2-0 - Bowie Baysox
- Paulson's Showing Undone by Cold Bats - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 14th vs. Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: GM #32 Rumble Ponies (19-12) vs. Altoona Curve (18-17) - 5:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Homestand Preview #4: There's No Crying in Baseball - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12