Senators Nipped by Bowie 2-1
Bowie, MD - The Senators season opening road trip continues to be an offensive struggle as they fell 2-1 to Bowie on Tuesday night. Harrisburg is now 1-5 in the early going having scored one or fewer runs in four of their first six games and only eleven runs altogether.
Another solid effort by the Sens pitching staff was for naught Tuesday. Starter Jeff Mandel went 5.1 innings, allowing two unearned runs on three hits. Relievers Rafael Martin and Adam Carr went the final 2.2 innings and combined to strike out five hitters while not allowing a hit.
The Sens offense managed seven hits but couldn't really come up with the big hit in the game. Bill Rhinehart drove in the only run for the Sens with a two-out single in the fourth inning. Michael Martinez and Rhinehart both had two hits in the game.
Rhinehart doubled with one-out in the ninth, but the Sens couldn't get him driven in to tie the game. Out of the eight runners they left stranded, five were in scoring position.
Zach Britton, a top prospect in the Orioles organization, started and picked up his first win for Bowie. Wlfredo Perez earned his second save in as many chances for the Baysox.
The final game of the road trip and series is Wednesday night at 7:05pm. LH Aaron Thompson takes the hill for the Sens while RH Steve Johnson makes the start for Bowie. The game be heard beginning at 6:50pm on 1460AM The Ticket and through the Senators website.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 13, 2010
- Britton Vetoes Senators - Bowie Baysox
- Curve Take Marathon Game Two, 1-0 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- R-Phils Fall to Fisher Cats 5-2 Tuesday - Reading Fightin Phils
- Harrison's Walk Off Lifts Curve to Win in 14 Innings - Altoona Curve
- Senators Nipped by Bowie 2-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder Drop Second Straight to Akron - Trenton Thunder
- Three B-Mets Hurlers Combine on 2-0 Shutout of Winless Erie - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Kibler Strong But 'Wolves Fall - Erie SeaWolves
- Luis Perez Flirts With No-Hitter As Fisher Cats Win 5-2 In Reading - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Blank Rock Cats, 8-0 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Portland 8-0 Winners Over The Rock Cats - New Britain Rock Cats
- Come See Phillippe Aumont Vs. Kyle Drabek On Wednesday, April 14 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Erie SeaWolves At Binghamton Mets...Game Two Of Three...Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- What's New At Hadlock Field - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.