What's New At Hadlock Field
Portland, Maine- The Portland Sea Dogs have announced a series of improvements and additions for the 2010 season in all areas of the organization including ballpark improvements, promotions, technology, community, and concessions. The Portland Sea Dogs home opener is set for Thursday, April 15th at 6:00 PM against the Trenton Thunder (Yankees). The 2010 season will be the Sea Dogs' 17th season in Portland and eighth as an affiliate of the Boston Red Sox.
Here is a preview of the improvements/ additions at Hadlock Field for the 2010 season:
- Batter's Eye- The most obvious change to the ballpark for the 2010 season is the expansion of the batter's eye in centerfield. The batter's eye now meets and exceeds Minor League Baseball's minimum requirements. The batters eye has been expanded 32 feet in length and now measures 94 feet wide and 40 feet high. The expanded batter's eye will greatly improve the hitter's visibility of incoming pitches.
- Skyboxes- A new 32 inch flat screen high definition television has been installed in each of the 17 Sea Dogs' skyboxes.
- Line-Up Board- A new lineup board has been installed in the concourse. The new lineup board will display the logos for the Sea Dogs and their Eastern League opponent.
- Front Plaza- New light pole banners have been installed. The new banners depict former Sea Dogs players now playing in the Major Leagues including current Red Sox stars Josh Beckett, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jon Lester, Jonathan Papelbon, Dustin Pedroia, Kevin Youkilis, and others.
- Turn Up the Clock Day- The Portland Sea Dogs will "Turn Up the Clock" on Sunday, April 18th as both teams; the Portland Sea Dogs (Red Sox) and Trenton Thunder (Yankees) will wear the uniform of their major league affiliate creating a glimpse at the future Sox/ Yankees rivalry for the players and fans. The two teams will also wear the major league jerseys with the Sea Dogs visit the Trenton Thunder later this month.
- Kayem Hot Dog Toss- The Kayem Hot Dog Toss will take place in the middle of the 5th inning and will feature two contestants working in unison to catch plastic hot dogs being tossed.
- FairPoint Target Toss- The FairPoint Target Toss will take place on Tuesday's, Thursday's, Saturday's, and Monday's throughout the season. The FairPoint Target Toss will give fans the opportunity to win a Technology Pack including a digital camera and laptop computer.
- Delta Dental Tooth- Perched next to the Hood Maine Monster in left field will be a giant Delta Dental tooth as part of their sponsorship agreement.
- Website- The Sea Dogs redesigned website, launched in early March, includes an improved Game Center with probable pitchers, easier access to the Sea Dogs' Social Networking sites, press release and news archives, and much more. www.seadogs.com
- Sea Dogs Mobile Site- Follow the Sea Dogs and Minor League Baseball on the go, with MiLB.com Mobile. Live scores, team schedules, league standings, player statistics, and the latest news. Simply visit seadogs.com and MiLB.com on your wireless device.
- Sea Dogs on Lexy.com- Receive Audio Tweets, game recaps, and other Sea Dogs news. Click the "Multimedia" tab on www.seadogs.com for more information or Text "ADD Sea Dogs" to 68948
- Sea Dogs on Twitter- You've already been able to join the Sea Dogs' Facebook page, now you can follow the team on Twitter too. @ portlandseadogs.com.
- FairPoint Community First Table- The Sea Dogs and FairPoint Communications have partnered to provide the FairPoint "Community First" Table at Hadlock Field for the 2010 season. The table will allow local non-profit organizations a space to promote their cause at Sea Dogs' home games throughout the 2010 season. Interested non-profit organizations can find complete details at www.seadogs.com.
- Leading Women- The Sea Dogs and Portland Press Herald are collaborating in an effort to recognize the many women in the State of Maine who are making positive contributions to their communities, businesses, families and other areas during these trying economic times. Leading Women Day will take place on May 10th. For more information log on to www.seadogs.com
- Frito Pie- Frito's corn chips served with chili and cheese.
Among the changes this year comes a divisional realignment of the Eastern League divisions. The Sea Dogs will now play in the Eastern League Eastern Division. New to the division will be the Reading Phillies. The other teams in the Eastern Division include the Binghamton Mets, New Britain Rock Cats (Twins), New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays), and Trenton Thunder (Yankees). The Western Division will include the Eastern League's newest team the Richmond Flying Squirrels (relocated from Norwich, Connecticut), a Giants affiliate, along with the Akron Aeros (Indians), Altoona Curve (Pirates), Bowie Baysox (Orioles), Erie SeaWolves (Tigers), and Harrisburg Senators (Nationals).
Tickets for the Sea Dogs home opener and all Sea Dogs' home games are available and can be purchased by calling the Sea Dogs Ticket Office at 207-879-9500 or online at www.seadogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 13, 2010
- Britton Vetoes Senators - Bowie Baysox
- Curve Take Marathon Game Two, 1-0 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- R-Phils Fall to Fisher Cats 5-2 Tuesday - Reading Fightin Phils
- Harrison's Walk Off Lifts Curve to Win in 14 Innings - Altoona Curve
- Senators Nipped by Bowie 2-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder Drop Second Straight to Akron - Trenton Thunder
- Three B-Mets Hurlers Combine on 2-0 Shutout of Winless Erie - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Kibler Strong But 'Wolves Fall - Erie SeaWolves
- Luis Perez Flirts With No-Hitter As Fisher Cats Win 5-2 In Reading - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Blank Rock Cats, 8-0 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Portland 8-0 Winners Over The Rock Cats - New Britain Rock Cats
- Come See Phillippe Aumont Vs. Kyle Drabek On Wednesday, April 14 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Erie SeaWolves At Binghamton Mets...Game Two Of Three...Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- What's New At Hadlock Field - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.