Scott Machado Named NBA G League Player of the Week
EL SEGUNDO - South Bay Lakers guard Scott Machado has been named the NBA G League Player of the Week for games played Monday, March 11 through Sunday, March 17, the league announced today.
Machado averaged 25.0 points, 5.7 rebounds, 14.0 assists and 2.3 steals while shooting 50 percent from the field in three consecutive South Bay wins. The veteran point guard scored a career-high 40 points along with a season-high 16 assists in South Bay's 126-115 win over the Wisconsin Herd on Monday.
Machado followed up that performance with a near triple-double (13 points, 7 rebounds, 13 assists) in a win over Grand Rapids on Wednesday. The former Iona standout finished out the week with a 22-point, 13-assist double-double against the Austin Spurs on Saturday night. His 8.0 assists per game currently ranks second in the NBA G League.
Machado has been on a tear since the All-Star Break, averaging 23.4 points and 10.6 assists in South Bay's last 10 games. In his last five performances, Machado has averaged 23.6 points and 12.2 assists.
Machado and the South Bay Lakers will be back in action tonight when they host the Santa Cruz Warriors at 7:00pm PT from the UCLA Health Training Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 18, 2019
- Blue Coats Stopped by Charge - Delaware Blue Coats
- Two-Way Players Propel Drive to Win over Wisconsin - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Win Third Straight - Canton Charge
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wes Van Beck - South Bay Lakers
- Joe Chealey Undergoes Successful Surgery - Greensboro Swarm
- Scott Machado Named NBA G League Player of the Week - South Bay Lakers
- Westchester Knicks Waive Buay Tuach - Westchester Knicks
- Heat Recall Cooke from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Announce Bobblehead Giveaway on Saturday, March 23 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.