Blue Coats Stopped by Charge
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (19-28), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Canton Charge (21-27), 104-97, on Monday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. 76ers two-way contract player Shake Milton scored 22 of his 26 points (9-20 fg, 4-8 3fg, 4-6 ft) in the second half and has now scored 23 points or more in six of his seven games since returning from injury.
Milton led all scorers while adding five rebounds and three assists in 36 minutes for the Blue Coats. Jared Brownridge came off the bench to record 16 points (6-11 fg, 4-9 3fg), two rebounds and two steals in 24 minutes. Brownridge's league-leading total for 3-point field goals made currently stands at 179. 76ers two-way contract player Haywood Highsmith added 15 points (5-7 fg, 1-2 3fg, 4-5 ft) in 27 minutes of action.
"He's one of the best players in the G League," said Highsmith of Milton. "[He's] one of the best scorers in the G League. I like playing with him and he's a good passer as well. We hang out with each other a lot, on and off the court. He's definitely a great person."
76ers assignment player Justin Patton made his second consecutive start for the Blue Coats and notched his second double-digit rebound game with 10 boards to go along with five points (2-5 fg, 1-2 ft) in 27 minutes. Patton previously recorded 12 rebounds in 16 minutes against the Capital City Go-Go on Feb. 13.
Delaware opened the game by jumping out to an 8-0 lead to force a Canton timeout. However, the visitors recovered to take a 52-38 advantage into the locker room at halftime. The Blue Coats outscored the Charge 35-20 in the fourth quarter.
Allentown, Pennsylvania native Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman scored a season-high 24 points (9-13 fg, 6-9 3fg) in 35 minutes for the Charge as a reserve. Canton's Levi Randolph posted a double-double with 22 points (8-15 fg, 4-6 3fg, 2-2 ft) and 12 rebounds in 33 minutes, while JaCorey Williams added 19 points (9-12 fg, 1-4 ft), five rebounds and four assists in a game-high 41 minutes.
Cleveland Cavaliers two-way contract players Deng Adel and Jaron Blossomgame contributed 15 points and 14 points, respectively. Scoochie Smith neared a triple-double with 8 points (3-7 fg, 1-1 3fg, 1-1 ft), eight rebounds and six assists in 36 minutes for Canton, which has now won three-straight contests.
The Blue Coats return to action on Wednesday when the team visits the Grand Rapids Drive at 7:00 PM.
The final home stand for the team consists of a weekend back-to-back at 76ers Fieldhouse that begins on Friday night at 7:00 PM against the Long Island Nets.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 18, 2019
- Blue Coats Stopped by Charge - Delaware Blue Coats
- Two-Way Players Propel Drive to Win over Wisconsin - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Win Third Straight - Canton Charge
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wes Van Beck - South Bay Lakers
- Joe Chealey Undergoes Successful Surgery - Greensboro Swarm
- Scott Machado Named NBA G League Player of the Week - South Bay Lakers
- Westchester Knicks Waive Buay Tuach - Westchester Knicks
- Heat Recall Cooke from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Announce Bobblehead Giveaway on Saturday, March 23 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Matt Lilly Promoted to Blue Coats General Manager
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Xavier Munford from Wisconsin Herd
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Julian Washburn from Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 NBA G League Schedule