Mad Ants Announce Bobblehead Giveaway on Saturday, March 23
The Fort Wayne Mad Ants, presented by Lutheran Health Network, the NBA G League affiliate of the Indiana Pacers, announced today the bobblehead theme, presented by Evans Toyota, for Saturday's Fan Appreciation Night on March 23 at 7 p.m. against the Grand Rapids Drive.
This year's bobblehead features the Mad Ants mascot as General Anthony Wayne atop his horse, as portrayed by his statue located in downtown Fort Wayne on the corner of E Main and Lafayette Street. Anthony Wayne was an instrumental American military leader during and after the American Revolution.
Revolutionary War hero Gen. "Mad" Anthony Wayne earned the nickname for his military exploits and fervent personality on the battlefield.
The Indiana Pacers' G League affiliate's nickname, Mad Ants, was selected by a fan vote to honor Wayne when the team originated ahead of the 2007-08 season.
Fort Wayne will return to the Coliseum tomorrow night against the Wisconsin Herd at 7 p.m. Tuesday's giveaway is a Madame Ants poster, presented by Sheekristyle and Vera Bradley. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or visiting the Allen County War Memorial Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 18, 2019
- Blue Coats Stopped by Charge - Delaware Blue Coats
- Two-Way Players Propel Drive to Win over Wisconsin - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Win Third Straight - Canton Charge
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wes Van Beck - South Bay Lakers
- Joe Chealey Undergoes Successful Surgery - Greensboro Swarm
- Scott Machado Named NBA G League Player of the Week - South Bay Lakers
- Westchester Knicks Waive Buay Tuach - Westchester Knicks
- Heat Recall Cooke from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Announce Bobblehead Giveaway on Saturday, March 23 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.