Schwindel, Oaks Shine in Triple-A All-Star Game
Storm Chasers infielder Frank Schwindel recorded two hits, including a double, and scored two runs, while Omaha right-hander Trevor Oaks fired a scoreless inning in the Pacific Coast League's 12-7 victory over the International League in Wednesday night's Triple-A All-Star Game at Huntington Park in Columbus, Ohio.
Schwindel (2-5, 2 R, 2B), who started as the PCL's designated hitter, in his first at-bat dropped a single into left-center field in the second and would eventually score later in the frame as part of a six-run spurt. In the subsequent inning he blasted an opposite field double off the right field wall prior to coming across on an error. Schwindel was one of four PCL batters to record a multi-hit effort.
Oaks (1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K) twirled a scoreless second, relinquishing one hit and a walk, throwing 18 pitches, 13 of which were strikes. He was the second of 13 hurlers used by the Pacific Coast League in the victory.
Albuquerque infielder Josh Fuentes (2-3, R, HR, 2 RBI) was named the Pacific Coast League's Top Player after recording two hits, including a home run, while driving in two runs. The victory marked the second consecutive triumph for the Pacific Coast League over the International League in the Triple-A Mid-Summer Classic.
The Storm Chasers begin the second half of their season on Thursday evening at Werner Park to begin a four-game homestand versus the Memphis Redbirds. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Redbirds Blast Past Chasers 6-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Open Second Half with 6-3 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa's Comeback Falls Short - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Hold off Cubs to Open Second Half - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Offense Doesn't Take Break - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Open Second Half with 8-4 Win over Dodgers - Round Rock Express
- Errors Prove Costly in 'Cakes 3-2 Setback - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- World's Biggest Taco Event Returns to Fresno, July 19-20 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Ready for Post All-Star Push - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (42-45) at Iowa Cubs (31-57) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 12, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes 7.12.18 at ELP - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (56-34) at Omaha Storm Chasers (40-48) - Memphis Redbirds
- Schwindel, Oaks Shine in Triple-A All-Star Game - Omaha Storm Chasers
- River Cats Host Bees for Four Games Beginning Tonight at Raley Field - Sacramento River Cats
- Storm Chasers Series Highlights: July 12-15 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.