Santa Cruz Warriors Hold on in Final Seconds to Beat NBA G League Ignite, 112-110
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors (3-4) secured the win over the NBA G League Ignite (1-4) Friday night at Kaiser Permanente Arena, 112-110 in front of a sold-out crowd.
The Warriors took an early lead thanks to their defensive energy and 12 points from forward Quinndary Weatherspoon, ending the first quarter with a 36-19 lead. Ignite's Scoot Henderson had 12 points in the second quarter, helping the team bring the Warriors lead down to 68-58 heading into the half. The Ignite roared back in the third quarter to tie the game and close out the third quarter, 88-84. The Ignite came back to tie the game at 110 with 34 seconds remaining, but a foul on Jeff Dowtin Jr. with two seconds left in the game helped the Warriors secure the win, 112-110.
Weatherspoon led the Warriors with 24 points and seven rebounds. Both on assignment from Golden State, forward Jonathan Kuminga finished with 12 points and five rebounds and guard Moses Moody closed out the night with 17 points and five rebounds.
Henderson led both teams with 31 points off the bench, adding six rebounds and seven assists. Center Michael Foster Jr. secured a double-double for Ignite, finishing with 22 points and 15 rebounds and guard MarJon Beauchamp ended the night with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
The Sea Dubs return to Kaiser Permanente Arena next Friday, December 3 to take on the South Bay Lakers (3-1). For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 27, 2021
- Celtics Serve Knicks First Home Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Comeback Bid Falls Short to Charge, 115-111 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Top Skyforce - Cleveland Charge
- Weird Turn Doesn't Help Spurs in 30-Point Loss - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Wolves Claim OT Road Win over Motor City, 125-117 - Iowa Wolves
- Stars and Clippers Announce Schedule Changes - Salt Lake City Stars
- Agua Caliente Clippers Relocate Next Two Home Games to Staples Center - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Greensboro Gets First Win in OT Thriller in Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Hold on in Final Seconds to Beat NBA G League Ignite, 112-110 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Power Past Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Agua Caliente Clippers, 115-101
- Santa Cruz Warriors Dominate Stockton Kings, 124-91
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Texas Legends, 136-132
- Santa Cruz Suffers First Loss of Regular Season against Texas, 126-121
- Warriors Acquire Jaquori McLaughlin in Trade with Legends