Celtics Serve Knicks First Home Loss of the Season
BRIDGEPORT, CT - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, were beaten by the Maine Celtics, 131-106, Saturday night at Webster Bank Arena. This comes as the first loss for the Knicks at home and severs their only win streak of the season at two games.
The Knicks (2-5) hit the game's opening basket to give the home team their lone advantage of the contest. Maine (6-1) responded 13 seconds later. Both clubs traded baskets before a three-point heave cued the visitors eventual insurmountable lead which spanned the duration of the game.
Luka Samanic (Two-Way) led the way for the Knicks once again, falling one rebound short of what could have been his third consecutive double-double, with a team-high 29 points and nine rebounds. He also netted 63.2-percent of his looks from the field. Quinton Rose (returning rights) had a career-night in a reserve role with a personal superlative of 21 points on 61.5-percent shooting, to go along with three steals. Brandon Goodwin (affiliate) chipped in with 16 points, five rebounds, and a team-high seven assists on the night. Aamir Simms (affiliate) fell one rebound short of his fourth double-double on the season with totals of 13 points and nine boards.
Maine was led by a balanced scoring attack, with four starters scoring in double figures. Brodric Thomas scored a team-high 32 points to go along with 10 rebounds and five assists. Theo Pinson chipped in 27 points, with Chris Clemons registered 18. Sam Hauser and Juwan Morgan went for 14 and 12 points, respectively.
As a team, Westchester shot a season-high 50-percent from distance (42-for-84) and 40.5-percent (15-for-37) from behind the arc. The Knicks once again found success inside by scoring 50 points in the paint, to go along with nine fast break points and 13 second-chance points.
The Knicks and Celtics will face off again on Monday, November 29 at 7 PM ET at Webster Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 27, 2021
- Celtics Serve Knicks First Home Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Comeback Bid Falls Short to Charge, 115-111 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Top Skyforce - Cleveland Charge
- Weird Turn Doesn't Help Spurs in 30-Point Loss - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Wolves Claim OT Road Win over Motor City, 125-117 - Iowa Wolves
- Stars and Clippers Announce Schedule Changes - Salt Lake City Stars
- Agua Caliente Clippers Relocate Next Two Home Games to Staples Center - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Greensboro Gets First Win in OT Thriller in Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Hold on in Final Seconds to Beat NBA G League Ignite, 112-110 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Power Past Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.