Kings Power Past Stars
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH - The Stockton Kings (5-1) beat the Salt Lake City Stars (1-5) 102-84 at Bruin Arena on Friday night.
The Kings were led by former Utah State Aggie Neemais Queta who had game-highs with 24 points, 16 rebounds and seven blocks.
Ade Murkey knocked down three shots from beyond the arch in route to 19 points for the Kings.
The Stars were led by Carsen Edwards who provided 21 points off the bench. Brendan Bailey and Jared Butler added 11 points each, while Derrick Alston Jr. chipped in with 10 points for Salt Lake City.
The Kings got out to a blazing start on their way to a 56-41 lead at halftime behind an impressive first half performance from their big man Queta who scored 16 of his 24 points in the half along with 10 rebounds and five blocked shots.
Stockton continued to grow the lead in the third behind Murkey's seven points in the quarter as the Kings led 85-57 heading into the final frame.
The Stars were able to trim the lead in the fourth quarter outscoring the Kings 28-16, but Stockton was able to close out the game to improve to 5-1 on the season.
The Stars will head west for two games against the Agua Caliente Clippers on Nov. 28 and 29.
The Stars will host the South Bay Lakers on Dec. 6 and Dec. 8 back at Bruin Arena in Salt Lake City. Tickets for both games against South Bay can be purchased at www.slcstars.com or by phone (via call or text) at (801) 325-STAR (7827).
The Kings will head home to host the G League Ignite on Sunday, Dec 28.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 27, 2021
- Celtics Serve Knicks First Home Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Comeback Bid Falls Short to Charge, 115-111 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Top Skyforce - Cleveland Charge
- Weird Turn Doesn't Help Spurs in 30-Point Loss - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Wolves Claim OT Road Win over Motor City, 125-117 - Iowa Wolves
- Stars and Clippers Announce Schedule Changes - Salt Lake City Stars
- Agua Caliente Clippers Relocate Next Two Home Games to Staples Center - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Greensboro Gets First Win in OT Thriller in Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Hold on in Final Seconds to Beat NBA G League Ignite, 112-110 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Power Past Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.