Iowa Wolves Claim OT Road Win over Motor City, 125-117
DETROIT - Coming off a 10-day break after its last game, the Iowa Wolves claimed a 125-117 overtime win over the Motor City Cruise on Saturday night in G League action at Wayne State Fieldhouse.
Iowa (4-1), which had seven players score in double figures, led by 16 points at the start of the fourth quarter. But Motor City (4-4) roared back to take a one-point lead at 103-102 with just under six minutes left in the game. Brandon Sampson, who paced the Wolves with a season-high 23 points, buried a three to take the lead back as they would later lead by seven. Fueled Derick Walton Jr., who finished with a game-high 26, including scoring the final seven points, Motor City answered. However, Iowa had the ball last in regulation with a chance to win, but McKinley Wright's floater rimmed off to send the game to overtime.
It was all Iowa in overtime as it blanked Motor City, 8-0, in extra time as Vince Edwards and Isaiah Miller each scored three points and Canyon Barry added two from the free throw line. Miller finished the game with 20 points while Edwards had 15 in his season debut. Jordy Tshimanga scored 12 points in 12 minutes off the bench in his Iowa debut after recently being acquired in a trade from Cleveland. Barry had 16 points, Chris Silva tallied 12 and Wright rounded out the group with 10 points.
The teams will play again Monday night at the Wayne State Fieldhouse with tipoff scheduled for 6 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 27, 2021
- Celtics Serve Knicks First Home Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Comeback Bid Falls Short to Charge, 115-111 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Top Skyforce - Cleveland Charge
- Weird Turn Doesn't Help Spurs in 30-Point Loss - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Wolves Claim OT Road Win over Motor City, 125-117 - Iowa Wolves
- Stars and Clippers Announce Schedule Changes - Salt Lake City Stars
- Agua Caliente Clippers Relocate Next Two Home Games to Staples Center - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Greensboro Gets First Win in OT Thriller in Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Hold on in Final Seconds to Beat NBA G League Ignite, 112-110 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Power Past Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Move to 4-0 in Regular Season with 113-99 Road Win over South Bay
- Iowa Wolves Claim 117-102 Win over Memphis Hustle
- Iowa Wolves Return to Wells Fargo Arena Thursday
- Iowa Wolves Hold off Birmingham Squadron, 115-113
- Iowa Races Past Sioux Falls in Regular Season Opener