Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Iowa Wolves
March 18, 2023 - NBA G League (G League) - Santa Cruz Warriors News Release
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors (16-13) defeated the Iowa Wolves (8-22), 132-112, on Saturday night at Kaiser Permanente Arena.
Forward Lester Quinones led the Warriors with a double-double, notching 30 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Center Jayce Johnson also finished with a double-double tonight, contributing 15 points and 15 rebounds, and forward Jerome Robinson closed out with 15 points and six assists.
Wolves forward Emmanuel Mudiay led the team with 28 points and added eight rebounds and eight assists. Center Jordy Tshimanga added 18 points and 19 rebounds, and forward Simisola Shittu finished the night with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
The contest kicked off with a back-and-forth between the Warriors and Wolves, before Santa Cruz pulled ahead to build an advantage of as many as eleven points. The Sea Dubs maintained the lead for the remainder of the first frame, heading into the second quarter with an eight-point advantage, 37-29. The Warriors held the lead through the second quarter, and finished the half with a 69-59 lead.
Santa Cruz extended its lead to 20 early in the third quarter thanks to production from Quinones and Dusty Hannahs, but Iowa fought back to cut the deficit to seven before Santa Cruz ended the third up 99-87. The Warriors led by as many as 27 points in the fourth quarter, and secured a 132-112 win over the visiting Iowa Wolves.
The Warriors will now travel for a two-game series against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Tuesday, March 21 at 5 p.m. and Thursday, March 23 at 5 p.m. To purchase tickets or for more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 18, 2023
- Hustle Clinch Playoff Spot With 114-87 Win Over Vipers - Memphis Hustle
- Hustle Drop First Game of Back-to-Back Against Vipers - Memphis Hustle
- Greensboro Grabs the Win in Last Road Game - Greensboro Swarm
- Iowa Wolves Drops Final Road Game to Santa Cruz, 132-112 - Iowa Wolves
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Iowa Wolves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Routes Kings 144-119 in Fourth-Straight Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Spurs Fall Short to the Swarm - Austin Spurs
- Charge Sweep Weekend Series - Cleveland Charge
- Skyhawks Fall to Gold in Final Home Regular Season Game - College Park Skyhawks
- Windy City Bulls Bounce Back Against Delaware Blue Coats - Windy City Bulls
- Wright-Foreman and Allen Net 30-Plus; Knicks Fall to Cruise - Westchester Knicks
- Zavier Simpson Hits Game Winner to Sweep 905 - Lakeland Magic
- 905 Drop Heartbreaker to the Magic - Raptors 905
- Skyhawks Announce Fourth Sellout of the Season Tonight - College Park Skyhawks
- Game Preview: Skyforce at Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Santa Cruz Claims Series Opener Over Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Iowa Wolves - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Close out Regular Season with Win Against Texas Legends
- Warriors Fall to Vipers to Split Two-Game Series
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Rio Grande Valley Vipers in Fifth Consecutive Win
- Lester Quinones Named NBA G League Player of the Week
- Warriors Assign Patrick Baldwin Jr. to Santa Cruz