Sandoval's Bat Wins Game Two for Boulders in DH Split
Rylan Sandoval hit an RBI single in the top of the eighth inning to break a 1-1 tie and put the Boulders up for good in game two 2-1 win at the Trois-Rivières Aigles on Thursday. Rockland lost the first game 5-1 in a full, nine-inning game.
Sandoval also scored the first run of game two on a Reggie Wilson single in the top of the fourth.
Brad Schaenzer threw 3.1 innings of shutout baseball to start off game two. Nick Kennedy, Frank Moscatiello and Kyle Hansen combined for 4.2 innings of one run, five hit, no walk, seven strikeout relief pitching.
Mike Montville hit in the Boulders one game one run in the top of the fifth inning, scoring JC Rodriguez who reached base on a triple.
Rockland finishes off the regular season with a four-game series at the Ottawa Champions, beginning Friday at 7:00 p.m. The Boulders are set to host games one and two of the playoffs on Wednesday and Thursday, September 5 and 6, both at 7:00 p.m.
Images from this story
Rylan Sandoval of the Rockland Boulders
(Drew Wohl, Rockland Boulders)
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 31, 2018
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Five Run Eighth Propels Jackals to Victory - New Jersey Jackals
- Figueroa Named Rookie of the Year - Sussex County Miners
- Brown Snaps Champions Skid with Walk-Off Single - Ottawa Champions
- In 3-2 Win, Jackals Even Series with Miners - New Jersey Jackals
- All Six Clubs Represented on All-Star Team - Can-Am
- Sandoval's Bat Wins Game Two for Boulders in DH Split - Rockland Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.