San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have assigned forward Chimezie Metu to the Austin Spurs of the NBA G League.
The first-year forward is averaging 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds in 4.0 minutes over five games this season with San Antonio. Metu was selected by the Spurs in the second round of the 2018 NBA Draft (49th overall) after spending three seasons at the University of Southern California. He is the first second-round pick to play in a game for San Antonio the same year he was drafted since DeJuan Blair in 2009.
Metu will be available for the Austin Spurs when they host the Northern Arizona Suns on Friday, Nov. 9, at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park at 7:30 p.m. for their annual Veterans Appreciation Game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Charge Power Past Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Charge Take Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Santa Cruz County Schools Receive Almost $1 Million in Additional Funding with Assist from MBEP Scholars and the Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Welcome Revenge Opportunity, Defending Champs to Southaven on Opening Weekend - Memphis Hustle
- Raptors 905 Announce Broadcast Schedule - Raptors 905
- Wizard Night November 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Stockton Kings on Opening Night, 123-104 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.