Charge Power Past Red Claws
PORTLAND, ME - The Canton Charge, powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, nabbed their first win of the 2018-19 NBA G League season, 113-101, over the Maine Red Claws at the Portland Expo on Thursday evening.
Levi Randolph came off the bench to lead Canton with 19 points on 8-of-10 shooting with four rebounds in 22 minutes. JaCorey Williams also came on in relief to add 18 points on 9-of-15 from the field with nine rebounds in 25 minutes. John Holland netted 17 points and nabbed two steals in 28 minutes, while Kobi Simmons scored 16 points in 29 minutes. Bonzie Colson neared a double-double by scoring 12 points and grabbing eight boards with two blocks in 29 minutes.
A back-and-forth first quarter saw both teams start hot offensively by converting higher percentage opportunities near the basket. Canton scored 26 of their 34 first quarter points in the paint and hit 16-of-28 shots in the first quarter collectively as a team to go up 34-31. The visitors extended their lead to as many as 17 in the second quarter thanks in part to 19 bench points in the period, ultimately holding a 60-48 advantage at the break that they would never relinquish.
The Red Claws were paced by Walter Lemon Jr.'s 23 points, eight rebounds and 11 assists in 39 minutes. P.J. Dozier added 22 points and 10 rebounds in 36 minutes. Nick King came off the bench for Maine to score a game-high 30 points on 12-of-20 from the field and 10 rebounds in 35 minutes.
Canton will celebrate their Home Opener on Saturday November 10th with the annual Charge 5K race in the morning and tipoff against the Erie BayHawks at 7:00 p.m. For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Raptors Clutch Free-Throw Shooting Ultimately Puts Knicks Away - Westchester Knicks
- Charge Power Past Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Charge Take Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Santa Cruz County Schools Receive Almost $1 Million in Additional Funding with Assist from MBEP Scholars and the Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Welcome Revenge Opportunity, Defending Champs to Southaven on Opening Weekend - Memphis Hustle
- Raptors 905 Announce Broadcast Schedule - Raptors 905
- Wizard Night November 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Stockton Kings on Opening Night, 123-104 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Charge Add Phil Carr
- Suns Stun Charge
- Celebrate Ohio Basketball at the Q with the Charge
- Charge Outlast Lakers in OT
- Charge Fall Flat in Iowa