Santa Cruz County Schools Receive Almost $1 Million in Additional Funding with Assist from MBEP Scholars and the Santa Cruz Warriors
SANTA CRUZ, CA - With help from the Santa Cruz Warriors and the Monterey Bay Economic Partnership's MBEP Scholars Program, Santa Cruz County Schools have received $986,500 in additional district funding since 2016, the organizations announced today. This increased state funding to local school districts is a result of improved school attendance over the last two years, which the MBEP Scholars Program aims to incentivize through Santa Cruz Warriors game tickets for local students and their families.
The MBEP Scholars ticket incentive program, which continues for the third consecutive school year this season, will reward Live Oak, Pajaro, Aptos, Soquel and Watsonville students who display excellence or improvement in their attendance with tickets to Santa Cruz Warriors home games during the 2018-19 NBA G League season.
"The Santa Cruz Warriors are thrilled to continue the MBEP Scholars program for the third consecutive season to incentivize local students and families to focus on maintaining exemplary school attendance," said Warriors President Chris Murphy. "We want to support local teachers and school administrators in their efforts to keep classrooms full and to support our local youth in their academic goals."
Fourteen participating schools from Live Oak School District, Pajaro Valley Unified School District and Soquel Union Elementary School District will each select students to attend Santa Cruz Warriors home games with their family. The MBEP Scholars Student Section will also be recognized on the Kaiser Permanente Arena videoboard at every home game this season.
"The MBEP Scholars Program highlights for students that striving for strong personal school attendance is a positive and attainable goal that is recognized and rewarded in our community," said Monterey Bay Economic Partnership Co-Chairman Bud Colligan. "We're excited to once again partner with schools to reinforce their messages to students that achieving their highest potential starts by showing up every day."
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Raptors Clutch Free-Throw Shooting Ultimately Puts Knicks Away - Westchester Knicks
- Charge Power Past Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Charge Take Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Santa Cruz County Schools Receive Almost $1 Million in Additional Funding with Assist from MBEP Scholars and the Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Welcome Revenge Opportunity, Defending Champs to Southaven on Opening Weekend - Memphis Hustle
- Raptors 905 Announce Broadcast Schedule - Raptors 905
- Wizard Night November 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Stockton Kings on Opening Night, 123-104 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Conclude 2018-19 Season with Defeat to Rio Grande Valley Vipers, 144-125
- Santa Cruz Warriors Advance to Western Conference Finals, Beat the Blue 117-102
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League