Raptors Clutch Free-Throw Shooting Ultimately Puts Knicks Away
WHITE PLAINS, NY - November 8, 2018 - Despite the Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, landing five in double-figures for the fourth consecutive time, it dropped a six-point decision, 105-99, to the visiting Raptors 905 Thursday evening at the Westchester County Center.
Knicks' (2-2) Two-Way player, Isaiah Hicks, recorded a double-double comprised of 19 points and 10 rebounds. Both stats were team-highs while Hicks' ten boards also mirrored a game-high. Stephen Zimmerman contributed a Knicks' second-leading 17 points off the bench. Returning player Kadeem Allen led Westchester with seven dimes and added 16 points. Paul Watson and Luke Kornet both ended with 14 points apiece.
Chris Broucher's 32 points on 45.8-percent shooting spearheaded the Raptors' (2-0) offense. The forward also grabbed 10 boards. Jordan Loyd concluded with 23 points on 50-percent shooting. Kay Felder (19) and Deng Adel (10) also scored double-figures.
The Raptors owned the hosts by as many as 12 points, last pictured at the 2:53 mark of the third quarter. An Allen 20-foot jumper and a make for Zimmerman at the line brought Westchester within single-digits where it would stay for the duration of the game.
A competitive fourth quarter saw five ties and four lead changes, with the final knotted score at 2:18. Loyd connected on two makes at the stripe to put the Raptors ahead two just seconds later. This was a part of a perfect 6-for-6 Raptors' showing at the line during the game's clutch window.
On the other side of the ball, Westchester connected on just one free throw, shooting just 66.7-percent for the game. The 905 forced the Knicks into five misses late as a part of its 6-3 run to ultimately steal the victory.
The Knicks were without its leading scorer, John Jenkins, who was nursing a left knee contusion. The guard entered tonight ranked sixth in the league with 28.3 ppg.
Westchester embarks on a three-game road trip stopping at the Lakeland Magic first, Saturday, November 10 in time for a 7:00 PM tip.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Raptors Clutch Free-Throw Shooting Ultimately Puts Knicks Away - Westchester Knicks
- Charge Power Past Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Charge Take Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Santa Cruz County Schools Receive Almost $1 Million in Additional Funding with Assist from MBEP Scholars and the Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Welcome Revenge Opportunity, Defending Champs to Southaven on Opening Weekend - Memphis Hustle
- Raptors 905 Announce Broadcast Schedule - Raptors 905
- Wizard Night November 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Stockton Kings on Opening Night, 123-104 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Receive Returning Rights to JJ Moore for Paul Watson
- Watson Leads G League Elite in Scoring in Four-Game Tourney
- Watson Named to USA's Elite Team for G League International Challenge
- Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule