Sam Morin Loaned to Lehigh Valley for Conditioning
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have loaned defenseman Samuel Morin to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms for conditioning purposes.
Morin, 23, has yet to appear in a game this season after undergoing knee surgery last May. Morin has spent the last three seasons with the Phantoms, playing 165 games and totaling eight goals and 34 assists for 42 points. He was the only player to appear in all 76 games for Lehigh Valley during the 2015-16 season. Morin has accumulated 273 penalty minutes, which is the second most by a player in Lehigh Valley Phantoms history, just three behind Tyrell Goulbourne who passed Morin earlier this month. He led the team in PIMs during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.
Drafted in the first round, 11th overall, in the 2013 NHL Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers, Morin has played in three games for the Flyers over the last two seasons. The 6-foot-7 defenseman made his NHL Debut on April 3, 2017 against the New Jersey Devils.
Prior to turning pro, Morin played four seasons in the QMJHL for Rimouski Oceanic. He played 200 games in the QMJHL, totaling 87 points and 363 penalty minutes. Morin won a Gold Medal at the 2014-15 World Junior Championships with Team Canada.
The Phantoms will face another 3-in-3 weekend coming up as they take on Bridgeport at home Friday Night before a home-and-home series with Hershey. They will face the Bears Saturday at Giant Center and Sunday at PPL Center. Tickets to You Can Play! Night on Friday can be purchased HERE. Tickets to MeLVin's Birthday Bash on Sunday can be purchased HERE.
Season tickets offering a wide range of benefits as well as 21-Game and 13-Game plans are available by calling the Phantoms at 610-224-GOAL (4625).
Images from this story
Defenseman Samuel Morin with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2019
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and Frk to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Introduce March Madness Ticket Offers - Stockton Heat
- Terry Recalled, Cracknell Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Limited Lanes Available for Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Pascal Laberge Activated from IR - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roadrunners Return Home Next Saturday with Youth Jersey Giveaway Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Host Winning Wednesday and $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 23 against Belleville - Rochester Americans
- Connor Brickley Recalled by NY Rangers, Drew Melanson Summoned from Maine and Derek Pratt signed to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Forward Jonny Brodzinski Assigned by Los Angeles Kings on Conditioning Assignment - Ontario Reign
- Binghamton Devils to Host Police vs. Fire Heart Cup Game on Saturday - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals to Host 2nd Annual Great Skate Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Archibald, Goloubef, Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Sens First Line Initiating Playoff Push - Belleville Senators
- Sam Morin Loaned to Lehigh Valley for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Recall G Branden Komm - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Make It a Bakers(field) Dozen for Condors, 4-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Furious Rally Earns OT Point - San Diego Gulls
- Chicago Builds 4-0 Lead on Way to 4-2 Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Stumble in 4-1 Loss to Comets - Laval Rocket
- Quine Scores, Heat Offense Goes Cold in 4-1 Loss - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Staves off Late Rally to Top Gulls, 5-4 in OT - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.