Phantoms Recall G Branden Komm
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, have announced today that they have recalled G Branden Komm from the Reading Royals of the ECHL and F Josh MacDonald has been released from his PTO and returned to the Royals.
Komm, 27, appeared in four games for the Phantoms this season and is 1-2 with a 3.28 goals against average and 0.901 save percentage. Komm made his AHL debut in Hartford on January 5, 2019 and made 25 saves against the Wolf Pack. Komm earned his first AHL victory after making 34 saves on January 25, 2019 against the Laval Rocket.
The 6-foot-1 goaltender has played 15 games this season for the Reading Royals and holds a 5-6-1-1 record with a 2.81 goals-against average and a .911 save percentage in the ECHL this year.
A native of Williamsville, New York, Komm is in his fifth professional season after four years at Bentley University. He has played in 118 games in the ECHL during his career and owns a 52-44-10 record. Komm was traded to the Royals on February 13, 2018 from the Manchester Monarchs and signed a one-year AHL contract with the Phantoms on August 31.
MacDonald, 24, appeared in eight games for Lehigh Valley after being signed to a professional tryout on January 21, 2019. MacDonald made his AHL debut on January 21 against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
At the time of his PTO, MacDonald had played 39 games this season for the Reading Royals and led the Royals in goals with 18, and ranked second in points with 31. He was ninth in the ECHL in goals scored.
A native of London, Ontario, MacDonald has played 184 games in the ECHL over the last 4 seasons, racking up 133 points on 66 goals and 67 assists for the Utah Grizzlies, Rapid City Rush, Quad City Mallards, and Reading Royals.
The Phantoms will face another 3-in-3 weekend coming up as they take on Bridgeport at home Friday Night before a home-and-home series with Hershey. They will face the Bears Saturday at Giant Center and Sunday at PPL Center. Tickets to You Can Play! Night on Friday can be purchased HERE. Tickets to MeLVin's Birthday Bash on Sunday can be purchased HERE.
Season tickets offering a wide range of benefits as well as 21-Game and 13-Game plans are available by calling the Phantoms at 610-224-GOAL (4625).
Images from this story
Forward Josh MacDonald with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2019
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and Frk to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Introduce March Madness Ticket Offers - Stockton Heat
- Terry Recalled, Cracknell Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Limited Lanes Available for Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Pascal Laberge Activated from IR - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roadrunners Return Home Next Saturday with Youth Jersey Giveaway Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Host Winning Wednesday and $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 23 against Belleville - Rochester Americans
- Connor Brickley Recalled by NY Rangers, Drew Melanson Summoned from Maine and Derek Pratt signed to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Forward Jonny Brodzinski Assigned by Los Angeles Kings on Conditioning Assignment - Ontario Reign
- Binghamton Devils to Host Police vs. Fire Heart Cup Game on Saturday - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals to Host 2nd Annual Great Skate Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Archibald, Goloubef, Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Sens First Line Initiating Playoff Push - Belleville Senators
- Sam Morin Loaned to Lehigh Valley for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Recall G Branden Komm - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Make It a Bakers(field) Dozen for Condors, 4-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Furious Rally Earns OT Point - San Diego Gulls
- Chicago Builds 4-0 Lead on Way to 4-2 Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Stumble in 4-1 Loss to Comets - Laval Rocket
- Quine Scores, Heat Offense Goes Cold in 4-1 Loss - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Staves off Late Rally to Top Gulls, 5-4 in OT - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts