Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 23 against Belleville
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans will hold their annual "Hometown Heroes Night," presented by Advantage Federal Credit Union, on Saturday, Feb. 23 when the team hosts the Belleville Senators at 7:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena.
"Hometown Heroes Night is a game we take great pride in hosting each year as it gives us yet another opportunity to honor all the local first responders of our community," said Rob Minter, vice president of business operations for the Amerks. "The countless sacrifices they make every day certainly don't go unnoticed and this is our way of saying thank you for all that they do."
"One of Advantage's core values over the years has been to make sure we do the right thing for our members and our employees," said Jeff Bocach, president and CEO of Advantage Federal Credit Union. "Supporting first responders, those that support us every day, is a reflection of that core value. Thank you for all you do for our community."
The Amerks are honoring all first responders such as police officers, fire fighters, and emergency medical technicians, as well as military members and veterans. Prior to the Amerks-Senators matchup that night, the Rochester Police Department will face-off against members of the Monroe County Sheriff's Office Jail Bureau in an exhibition hockey game starting at 4:00 p.m.
As part of the night, the Amerks are offering all Hometown Heroes and military personnel one complimentary ticket to their game against the Senators with additional tickets for family and friends available for as low as just $12. Those interested in taking advantage of the offer can do so by visiting www.amerks.com/heroes. Hometown Heroes or their families can also use that link to submit a photo to be used during an in-game tribute on the video board.
The Amerks will donate $2 for every ticket sold through www.amerks.com/heroes back to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office Association of Retirees (SOAR), courtesy of Advantage Federal Credit Union.
In addition, the Amerks will be selling a limited number of Hometown Heroes-themed Mystery Pucks, autographed by various Amerks players, for $10 on the upper concourse during the game. All proceeds will benefit SOAR.
Individual game tickets for the 2018-19 season start at just $14. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day-of-game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2019
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and Frk to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Introduce March Madness Ticket Offers - Stockton Heat
- Terry Recalled, Cracknell Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Limited Lanes Available for Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Pascal Laberge Activated from IR - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roadrunners Return Home Next Saturday with Youth Jersey Giveaway Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Host Winning Wednesday and $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 23 against Belleville - Rochester Americans
- Connor Brickley Recalled by NY Rangers, Drew Melanson Summoned from Maine and Derek Pratt signed to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Forward Jonny Brodzinski Assigned by Los Angeles Kings on Conditioning Assignment - Ontario Reign
- Binghamton Devils to Host Police vs. Fire Heart Cup Game on Saturday - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals to Host 2nd Annual Great Skate Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Archibald, Goloubef, Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Sens First Line Initiating Playoff Push - Belleville Senators
- Sam Morin Loaned to Lehigh Valley for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Recall G Branden Komm - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Make It a Bakers(field) Dozen for Condors, 4-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Furious Rally Earns OT Point - San Diego Gulls
- Chicago Builds 4-0 Lead on Way to 4-2 Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Stumble in 4-1 Loss to Comets - Laval Rocket
- Quine Scores, Heat Offense Goes Cold in 4-1 Loss - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Staves off Late Rally to Top Gulls, 5-4 in OT - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, December 6, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers
- Amerks Open Homestand with 4-0 Win over Marlies
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 vs. Toronto Marlies
- Luukkonen Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month
- Amerks Assign Boomhower to Cincinnati