Quine Scores, Heat Offense Goes Cold in 4-1 Loss
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - Alan Quine snapped a seven-game goalless skid but the Stockton Heat fell on a quiet night on the offensive end by a 4-1 final to the Bakersfield Condors, the home team capitalizing with two empty net goals to produce the lopsided score. All three goals scored with goalies in both nets came in a span of just 2:17 midway through the second period, the Condors striking first before Quine's answer at 10:25 of the middle frame. The tie did not last long as Josh Currie continued to be a thorn in Stockton's side as he has been all season, beating Tyler Parsons from in tight for a 2-1 lead, an edge that the Condors did not lose. Bakersfield got a big boost from its penalty kill in the contest, holding Stockton scoreless on five power play opportunities, four of which came in the game's opening period of play.
W: Shane Starrett (20 shots, 19 saves)
L: Tyler Parsons (27 shots, 25 saves)
Three Stars: First - Cooper Marody (1g,1a), Josh Currie (2g), Tyler Benson (2a)
Final Shots: STK - 20, BAK - 29
Power Plays: STK - 0-5, BAK - 1-1
- The game was Tyler Graovac's 300th in the AHL.
- Alan Quine's goal in the second period snapped a seven-game goalless streak while pushing his current scoring streak to three games (1g,2a) and a point in four of the last five (1g,3a).
- Rinat Valiev registered an assist on Quine's marker, giving the defenseman a point in his first game since returning to Stockton from a stint in Calgary.
- The Heat were held scoreless on five power plays in the game, four of which came in the first period.
- Stockton is now 0-4-1-0 at Rabobank Arena and 1-5-2-0 overall against Bakersfield this season.
The Heat return home on Saturday, Feb. 16 to start a two-game set with the Eagles. Saturday's game is Safety Night and Law Enforcement Appreciation, with all fans receiving a BBQ apron courtesy of ABC10 TV. The Sunday game (Feb. 17) will begin Hockey Week Across America festivities in Stockton.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2019
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and Frk to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Introduce March Madness Ticket Offers - Stockton Heat
- Terry Recalled, Cracknell Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Limited Lanes Available for Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Pascal Laberge Activated from IR - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roadrunners Return Home Next Saturday with Youth Jersey Giveaway Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Host Winning Wednesday and $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 23 against Belleville - Rochester Americans
- Connor Brickley Recalled by NY Rangers, Drew Melanson Summoned from Maine and Derek Pratt signed to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Forward Jonny Brodzinski Assigned by Los Angeles Kings on Conditioning Assignment - Ontario Reign
- Binghamton Devils to Host Police vs. Fire Heart Cup Game on Saturday - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals to Host 2nd Annual Great Skate Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Archibald, Goloubef, Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Sens First Line Initiating Playoff Push - Belleville Senators
- Sam Morin Loaned to Lehigh Valley for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Recall G Branden Komm - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Make It a Bakers(field) Dozen for Condors, 4-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Furious Rally Earns OT Point - San Diego Gulls
- Chicago Builds 4-0 Lead on Way to 4-2 Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Stumble in 4-1 Loss to Comets - Laval Rocket
- Quine Scores, Heat Offense Goes Cold in 4-1 Loss - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Staves off Late Rally to Top Gulls, 5-4 in OT - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.