Limited Lanes Available for Bowl-A-Thon
ROCKFORD, Ill. - A limited number of lanes for the Bowl-a-Thon are still available for purchase. Registration is $50 per bowler or $175 for a team of four, which includes two games of bowling, shoe and ball rental and a raffle ticket for a chance to win a variety of great prizes. To reserve a lane, call (815) 986-6465.
IceHogs players, coaches and team personnel will be at Cherry Bowl on SUNDAY, MARCH 3 from 2-4 p.m. to bowl (please note the time change from 1-3 to 2-4 p.m.) with fans and raise money for the IceHogs Charitable Foundation. A portion of the afternoon's proceeds will also benefit Brovember, Inc., a local nonprofit that raises awareness about prostate cancer and men's health. The IceHogs have partnered with Brovember, Inc. and named the organization the primary benefactor of the Bowl-A-Thon fundraiser for each of the last two years.
Brovember, Inc. has developed numerous initiatives to raise funds for cancer research and help establish local healthcare programs. Along with its successful "beard-a-thon" fundraiser each November, the organization also recently expanded its outreach to create a Brovember U.S. Endowment with the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Groups of four may also upgrade their Bowl-A-Thon package for an additional $50 to guarantee their party bowls with an IceHogs player. Groups who purchase the upgrade will be entered into a lottery to determine which IceHogs player they will be paired with for the event. Group registration to bowl with an IceHogs player is limited to 20 teams, and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Fans interested in attending the event, but not participating in bowling, can take advantage of $10 viewing tickets. Each viewing ticket will grant the purchaser access to the event, along with a raffle ticket. The viewing tickets can be purchased either in advance or at the door at the event.
In addition to bowling, this year's fundraiser will also feature both a 50/50 drawing and premium-prize raffle. Premium tickets will be sold for $5 each (or $20 for five tickets), and prizes include Chicago Blackhawks tickets, a game-worn IceHogs jersey, a suite for an IceHogs game, Club Lounge tickets to an IceHogs home game, an IceHogs team-signed stick and many more great prizes.
About Brovember Inc:
Brovember Inc. is a registered charitable organization established to promote the awareness of men's cancer issues and to raise funds to establish local healthcare programs and other worthwhile causes locally. The organization's efforts have expanded in promoting the awareness and raising funds for the Brovember US Endowment/Prostate Cancer Research with the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine at Rockford. We are committed to supporting and providing access to the local cancer initiatives that provide the needed resources in our community through our innovative, fun and engaging campaigns.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2019
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski and Frk to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Introduce March Madness Ticket Offers - Stockton Heat
- Terry Recalled, Cracknell Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Limited Lanes Available for Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Pascal Laberge Activated from IR - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roadrunners Return Home Next Saturday with Youth Jersey Giveaway Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Host Winning Wednesday and $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 23 against Belleville - Rochester Americans
- Connor Brickley Recalled by NY Rangers, Drew Melanson Summoned from Maine and Derek Pratt signed to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Forward Jonny Brodzinski Assigned by Los Angeles Kings on Conditioning Assignment - Ontario Reign
- Binghamton Devils to Host Police vs. Fire Heart Cup Game on Saturday - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals to Host 2nd Annual Great Skate Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Archibald, Goloubef, Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Sens First Line Initiating Playoff Push - Belleville Senators
- Sam Morin Loaned to Lehigh Valley for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Recall G Branden Komm - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Make It a Bakers(field) Dozen for Condors, 4-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Furious Rally Earns OT Point - San Diego Gulls
- Chicago Builds 4-0 Lead on Way to 4-2 Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Stumble in 4-1 Loss to Comets - Laval Rocket
- Quine Scores, Heat Offense Goes Cold in 4-1 Loss - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Staves off Late Rally to Top Gulls, 5-4 in OT - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.