Saltdogs and X's Suspended in Fifth Inning
SIOUX CITY, IA - The Lincoln Saltdogs and Sioux City Explorers game was suspended in the top of the fifth inning due to inclement weather. The Saltdogs were ahead of the Explorers 2-1.
The game will be resumed on Friday, July 27th in Sioux City. The game will be played for the full nine innings and the following game will be a seven-inning game.
Sioux City (40-13) took the first lead of the game. Nate Samson reached on a dropped third strike to start the second inning. Then, Jay Baum looped a ball to right field. Randolph Oduber dove and the ball scooted past him, allowing Samson to score and giving Baum a triple. Saltdogs (27-26) starter Eric Wooten retired the next three batters to keep it a one-run game.
Explorers starter Justin Vernia retired the first 11 batters he saw before Oduber doubled in the fourth. They kept the hits rolling in the fifth as the rain started to fall. Dan Johnson recorded his first Saltdogs hit with a line drive to start the frame. Angel Reyes followed with a double to put runners at second and third. Next, Brandon Jacobs drove in the tying run with a sacrifice fly. Dashenko Ricardo sent Reyes home with a double over the center fielder's head to make it 2-1. Vernia walked Ivan Marin on four pitches in the final at bat of the contest.
The Saltdogs begin a six-game homestand with a series against the Wichita Wingnuts. First pitch on Monday is at 6:45 PM with coverage beginning at 6:35 PM on ESPN 101.5 FM 1480 AM and saltdogs.com/stream.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 15, 2018
- Saltdogs and X's Suspended in Fifth Inning - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Explorers and Saltdogs Game Suspended Due to Rain - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Set for Home Doubleheader Tomorrow After Wichita Loss - Texas AirHogs
- Quick, But Painful as Saints Saints Six-Game Win Streak Snapped in 5-2 Loss to T-Bones - St. Paul Saints
- Folman, Home Runs Lead Canaries to Win over RedHawks - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Nester, Thomas Power Wingnuts to Sweep - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Unable to Complete Sweep with 10-6 to Loss Goldeyes - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goldeyes End Monster Stretch with Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- KC Ends Three-Game Slide, Taking out St. Paul 5-2 - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's with Comeback Win over Saltdogs - Sioux City Explorers
- Saltdogs Squander Lead in Long, Bizarre Game in Sioux City - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lincoln Saltdogs Stories
- Saltdogs Hosting League Meetings
- Saltdogs Collect Talented Group of Players to Complete Earlier Trades
- Haymarket Park Picked as 'Field of the Year' for the 18th Straight Season
- 2018 Season Recap
- Season Recap: Third Straight Winning Season Marked by Great Moments