Salmon Kings Announce Opening Night Roster
Today the Victoria Salmon Kings, the only Canadian franchise in the ECHL, added four players to their opening day roster. These signings bring the active roster to 20 with the placement of 23 year old centre Ryan Finnerty on the seven day disabled list.
New signings include training camp invitees Kristjan Jefkins (LW), Rob Simnor (D) and Jeff Stone (G) plus University of Western Michigan right winger Jeremy Cheyne.
The very successful first training camp concludes today with the final on ice session taking place tonight at Wurtele Arena at CFB Esquimalt. This was a great camp for us. Bringing in this many new players can be a real challenge but the players and the staff all adjusted very well, said Coach Bryan Maxwell. Id also like to thank the staff of CFB Esquimalt, especially the staff at Wuertele Arena for making us so fell so welcome. Id also like to thank the folks at Bear Mountain Arena for helping us out in a pinch as well, added Maxwell.
The Victoria Salmon Kings leave for the Bakersfield, CA tomorrow (Thursday) morning to play their first ever regular season game Friday October 22, 2004 at 7:00 PM against the Bakersfield Condors. The Salmon Kings return to the Bakersfield Centennial Garden for the 2nd game of the series on Saturday before travelling to Fresno to the play the Falcons in the last game of the 3 games-in-3 day weekend
The Victoria Salmon Kings open their home schedule after an extended 14 game road trip on December 5, 2004 against those same Bakersfield Condors.
With head office in Vancouver, RG Arenas is a division of RG Properties. RG Arenas manage and/or own facilities in Kelowna, Greater Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 20, 2004
- Olympic Celebration on Tap for Opening Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Phenow and Selig Released from Roster - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Wheeling's Sgroi Suspended One Game - ECHL
- Wranglers finalize roster, gear up for season opener - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Falcons Open the 2004-05 Season Friday - Fresno Falcons
- Salmon Kings Announce Opening Night Roster - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Opening Night Roster Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Mississippi Announces Opening Night Roster - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Pride Set for Opening Weekend - Myrtle Beach Thunderboltz
- Rochon Released, Announces Retirement - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Opening day roster set for Greenville - Greenville Grrrowl
- Grrrowl trim three from roster - Greenville Grrrowl
- Bombers add veteran broadcaster to staff - Dayton Bombers
- Diamond Sports Purchased by Idaho Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Sea Wolves Release One - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- P.J. Martin Joins Storm - Toledo Walleye
- Checkers get political - Charlotte Checkers
- Victoria Will Make History Friday In Bakersfield - ECHL
- Nailers release roster for alumni game - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Victoria Salmon Kings Stories
- Royals' Pink In The Rink Almost Sold Out
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff
- Salmon Kings Withdraw from ECHL
- Salmon Kings' Season Ends with Game 4 Loss
- Alaska takes 3-0 series lead with 6-2 victory over Victoria