Rush Top Jacks, 4-3, with Five Third Period Power Plays
ODESSA, TX - Vladamir Hartinger's power play goal 9:23 into the third period held up as the difference in a 4-3 win for the Rapid City Rush over the Odessa Jackalopes on Wednesday at the Ector County Coliseum. The Rush extended their winning streak to six games, while Odessa lost its fourth consecutive contest.
Hartinger's game-winner was part of a third period that featured five power plays for Rapid City compared to just one for the Jackalopes. For the game, Rapid City finished 2-for-8, while the Jacks went 1-for-3 with the man-advantage.
Ryan Menei finished with a two-goal night as he struck with just over five minutes to play for the first period's only goal and a 1-0, Rush lead.
Odessa came back in period two with a pair of unanswered goals by Dominic Leveille and Darryl Bootland in the first eight minutes of the frame. Menei struck again to tie the game at 2-2 then Derek LeBlanc put Rapid City ahead with 2:04 remaining. Kevin Seibel tied the game for Odessa with just 23 seconds left for his second straight game with a goal.
Hartinger's third period tally came on a 5-on-3 power play for the Rush as Leveille and Alex Dunn watched from the Odessa penalty box.
The Jackalopes remain winless on their homestand with two more chances to snap the skid when the Colorado Eagles visit for a weekend set. Game one is Friday at 7:05 PM CST. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
Follow the Jackalopes all year long on Facebook and Twitter -- Twitter.com/ODEJackalopes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 2, 2011
- Rush Top Jacks, 4-3, with Five Third Period Power Plays - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mavericks Buried by Colorado, 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks, Jung Stun Sundogs 4-1 - Laredo Bucks
- Big Party for the "Big Game" this Sunday at Zuroma - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mudbugs to Battle Evansville Twice this Week - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Allen Stays on Top of Yellowbook CHL Coaches Poll - CHL
- Mallards' Giosa Named CHL Oakley Second Star for January - Quad City Mallards
- Brahmas Metroplex Rivalry to Air on Cable this Sunday - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Erickson Wins January's Oakley Three Stars Award - Arizona Sundogs
- Arizona's Luke Erickson Wins 'Oakley Three Stars' for January - CHL
- Mudbugs, Willis-Knighton Team up to "Power the Cure" - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Americans Game Tonight Vs Tulsa Postponed - Allen Americans
- Wednesday's Tulsa/Allen Game Postponed - CHL
- Bucks, Sundogs Go Again Tonight - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.