Rush Named Central Hockey Leagues Franchise Of The Year
The Rapid City Rush have Central Hockey League's franchise of the year honors to go with their Ray Miron President's Cup.
Rush general manager Tim Hill and other team officials accepted the award for the league's top franchise at the conclusion of the league's 2010 summer conference in Glendale, Ariz., on Saturday.
"Obviously, it's an honor to be named franchise of the year by the CHL. It just caps off a tremendous year both on and off the ice for the Rapid City Rush. When we all went up to accept the award, we were very, very proud," Hill said.
"We're proud of Rapid City and the Black Hills for having obviously everything to do with us winning this award," Hill said. "We accepted the award for the Rapid City Rush fans and for everyone in the Black Hills who have supported us for the last two years. The award really goes to them."
Additionally, Rush senior account executive Trevor Bowers was named ticketing executive of the year.
Hill said Bowers award is "very well deserved."
"He has matured tremendously over the last two years that I have known him. I only hope I can keep him around long enough because I know other teams and other leagues are going to be asking me about him. He's a great leader and just a wonderful employee and friend," Hill said.
Hill said talks are continuing concerning the addition of International Hockey League teams to play under the CHL umbrella for the 2010-2011 season.
Hill said four of the six IHL teams, the Fort Wayne Komets, Bloomington Prairie Thunder, Quad City Mallards and Dayton Gems are considering joining the new league.
The format of the new league may not be decided until July, he said.
"Talks are going very well, but it's going to take a while," Hill said. "It's inevitable and it's a great thing for the league."
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Americans Hook Their Horn, Colton Yellow Horn Back with Southern - Allen Americans
- Scott Wray Makes Surprise Visit to Local School with President's Cup - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Awards Banquet Showcases League's Best - Colorado Eagles
- CHL Wraps up Summer Meetings, 2009-10 Season with Awards Banquet - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks' Owner Glenn Hart Wins CHL Leadership Award - Laredo Bucks
- Jackalopes Honored at CHL Summer Meetings - Odessa Jackalopes
- Duda Receives Rick Kozuback Award - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Earn Three Awards at CHL's Summer Conference - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL Awards Banquet Showcases League's Best - CHL
- Bucks' Ruskowski Featured on "Puska on Pucks" - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Named Central Hockey Leagues Franchise Of The Year - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.