Americans Hook Their Horn, Colton Yellow Horn Back with Southern
ALLEN, Texas - The Allen Americans added another familiar face to the 2010-11 roster with the signing of forward Colton Yellow Horn. After announcing last week that winger Nino Musitelli would be returning next season, Allen revealed that Yellow Horn would be joining him.
Yellow Horn joined the Americans in the midst of their inaugural season Dec. 11. He finished the year scoring 35 points (10g-25a35) in 43 games, fifth highest on the team. The left-handed forward continued to produce for Allen in the postseason, garnering 20 points (10g-10a20) in 20 games. He was +8 during the playoffs and scored one game-winning goal and one shorthanded goal. He also nabbed his first professional hat trick in the Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Finals en route to a 5-2 victory April 28 in front of a home crowd at the Allen Event Center.
Americans Head Coach and General Manager Dwight Mullins is pleased with Allen's second signing. "Colton continues to develop and grow as a franchise player. He has a great sense for the game and is very talented with the puck," Mullins said Monday. "He's a fan favorite and a big piece of our pursuit to win the Cup."
Yellow Horn is looking forward to what next season holds. "It was a really good year last year. I think we have one good team coming back and I'm excited to be back in the place that I enjoyed," the five-foot-six Brocket, Alberta, native said Monday.
Before playing for the Americans, the 23-year-old spent time with the Austrian Hockey League's Salzburg EC and the ECHL's Elmira Jackals and Stockton Thunder. Yellow Horn spent his junior years with the Western Hockey League's Lethbridge Hurricanes and Tri-City Americans from 2003 to 2008. During his five seasons, he scored a combined 349 points (153g-196a349) in 330 games.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Americans Hook Their Horn, Colton Yellow Horn Back with Southern - Allen Americans
- Scott Wray Makes Surprise Visit to Local School with President's Cup - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Awards Banquet Showcases League's Best - Colorado Eagles
- CHL Wraps up Summer Meetings, 2009-10 Season with Awards Banquet - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks' Owner Glenn Hart Wins CHL Leadership Award - Laredo Bucks
- Jackalopes Honored at CHL Summer Meetings - Odessa Jackalopes
- Duda Receives Rick Kozuback Award - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Earn Three Awards at CHL's Summer Conference - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL Awards Banquet Showcases League's Best - CHL
- Bucks' Ruskowski Featured on "Puska on Pucks" - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Named Central Hockey Leagues Franchise Of The Year - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.