CHL Wraps up Summer Meetings, 2009-10 Season with Awards Banquet
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Central Hockey League wrapped up its 15th annual Summer Conference Saturday night at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa in Chandler, Arizona with the league's awards banquet honoring the top front office executives and team achievements from the 2009-10 season.
Arizona Sundogs Manager of Public Relations Shane Ferraro was nominated for the league's Communications Executive of the Year award for the third straight season. Ferraro took home the award in 2007-08.
Accompanying their on-ice success, the Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Champion Rapid City Rush were named CHL Franchise of the Year.
The Colorado Eagles and the Missouri Mavericks shared the honor of winning the most awards with each franchise taking home three wins apiece. The Eagles earned the CHL Ticketing Franchise of the Year after continuing their franchise-long sellout streak and took home two individual honors with J.P. Puma winning the CHL Communications Executive of the Year and Gavin Riches winning the CHL Corporate Partnership Executive of the Year for the second straight season. The Mavericks won team honors as the CHL Merchandising Franchise of the Year and the CHL Group Ticket Sales Franchise of the Year while team broadcaster, Bob Rennison, won the Ralph Backstrom Soul of Service Award recognizing outstanding customer service.
The top individual award, the Brad Treliving CHL Executive of the Year, was presented to Grant Buckborough of the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees.
The 2009-10 Central Hockey League Rick Kozuback Award, 'presented annually to the Central Hockey League owner, front office staff member, coach or player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, determination and commitment to the game, sport and business of hockey,' was presented to Jason Duda of the Wichita Thunder.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Americans Hook Their Horn, Colton Yellow Horn Back with Southern - Allen Americans
- Scott Wray Makes Surprise Visit to Local School with President's Cup - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Awards Banquet Showcases League's Best - Colorado Eagles
- CHL Wraps up Summer Meetings, 2009-10 Season with Awards Banquet - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks' Owner Glenn Hart Wins CHL Leadership Award - Laredo Bucks
- Jackalopes Honored at CHL Summer Meetings - Odessa Jackalopes
- Duda Receives Rick Kozuback Award - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Earn Three Awards at CHL's Summer Conference - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL Awards Banquet Showcases League's Best - CHL
- Bucks' Ruskowski Featured on "Puska on Pucks" - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Named Central Hockey Leagues Franchise Of The Year - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.