Mavericks Earn Three Awards at CHL's Summer Conference
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks were honored for three awards at the Central Hockey League's (CHL) 15th Annual Summer Conference this past weekend. The Mavericks won team honors as the CHL Merchandising Franchise of the Year and the CHL Group Ticket Sales Franchise of the Year while team broadcaster, Bob Rennison, won the Ralph Backstrom Soul of Service Award recognizing outstanding customer service.
The Mavericks also received multiple nominations in many other individual and team categories. Missouri was nominated for the highest honor a team can receive, the CHL Franchise of the Year which was awarded to the Rapid City Rush. The team also received nominations for the Community Relations Franchise of the Year and the Ticket Sales Franchise of the Year.
Among individual nominees, Mavericks' President and General Manager Brent Thiessen was nominated for the Brad Treliving CHL Executive of the Year award. Mavericks' Director of Group Sales Ben Gaul was nominated for the Ticketing Executive of the Year, Vice President of Sales and Marketing Greg Bergen was nominated for the Corporate Partnership Executive of the Year and Vice President of Communications Patrick Armstrong was nominated for the Communications Executive of the Year.
The entire list of award winners is below:
Rick Kozuback Award - Jason Duda, Wichita Thunder
Ralph Backstrom Soul of Service Award - Bob Rennison, Missouri Mavericks
CHL Game Operations Franchise of the Year - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
CHL Merchandising Franchise of the Year - Missouri Mavericks
CHL Community Relations Franchise of the Year - Odessa Jackalopes
CHL Broadcaster of the Year - Travis Huntington, Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
CHL Communications Executive of the Year - J.P. Puma, Colorado Eagles
CHL Corporate Partnership Executive of the Year - Gavin Riches, Colorado Eagles
CHL Group Sales Franchise of the Year - Missouri Mavericks
CHL Ticketing Executive of the Year - Trevor Bowers, Rapid City Rush
CHL Ticket Sales Franchise of the Year - Colorado Eagles
CHL Leadership Award - Glen Hart, Laredo Bucks
Brad Treliving CHL Executive of the Year - Grant Buckborough, Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
CHL Franchise of the Year - Rapid City Rush
The Missouri Mavericks will begin their second season in the CHL in October 2010. Season tickets are on sale now by calling (816) 252-7825. Season ticket holders will receive free peanuts to every game for the 2010-11 season. Visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Americans Hook Their Horn, Colton Yellow Horn Back with Southern - Allen Americans
- Scott Wray Makes Surprise Visit to Local School with President's Cup - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Awards Banquet Showcases League's Best - Colorado Eagles
- CHL Wraps up Summer Meetings, 2009-10 Season with Awards Banquet - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks' Owner Glenn Hart Wins CHL Leadership Award - Laredo Bucks
- Jackalopes Honored at CHL Summer Meetings - Odessa Jackalopes
- Duda Receives Rick Kozuback Award - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Earn Three Awards at CHL's Summer Conference - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL Awards Banquet Showcases League's Best - CHL
- Bucks' Ruskowski Featured on "Puska on Pucks" - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Named Central Hockey Leagues Franchise Of The Year - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.