Royals Beaten by Blazers
Kamloops - Logan Stankoven 3g-2a, Orrin Centazzo 2g-2a, Zane Franklin 1g-3a, Sean Strange 0g-2a, Tye Spencer 1g-0a, Matthew Seminoff 0g-1a, Riley Ginnell 0g-1a, Reese Belton 0g-1a, Kobe Mohr 0g-1a.
Royals - Connor Martin (L) - 29:57 mins, 15 saves on 21 shots.
Keegan Maddocks - 30:03 mins, 15 saves on 18 shots.
Kamloops - Dylan Garand (W) - 29:57 mins, 13 saves on 14 shots.
Dylan Ernst - 30:03 mins, stopped all 10 shots he faced.
Royals - 0/10=0.0%
Kamloops - 2/10=20.0%
Youthful Line-up: The Royals took the opportunity to give their younger players some game time and dressed 15 rookies, which included seven 15-year-olds, four 16-year-olds, four 17-year-olds and no over-agers. Kamloops countered with eight veterans that consisted of three 20-year-olds, a pair of both 19 and 18-year-old players and one 17-year-old.
Sitting Out: Victoria scratched 20-year-olds Shane Farkas, Gary Haden, Jameson Murray and Will Warm, along with veterans Remy Aquilon, Brandon Cutler, Logan Doust, Brock Gould, Kaid Oliver, Mitchell Prowse, Phillip Schultz, Matthew Smith and Ty Yoder. They also sat rookies Alex Bolshakov, Trentyn Crane, Carson Golder, Matthew Hodson, Cage Newans and Kaden Reinders.
Local Product: Victoria defenceman Braden Smith, who played in his second WHL Pre-Season game tonight, is a native of Kamloops, BC. Smith played last season for the Thompson Blazers of the BC Minor Midget Hockey League. He signed for the Royals this past week and was originally drafted by the team in the sixth round, 117th overall, in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft.
Next Up: The Royals will wrap up their pre-season next weekend with three games in three days at the Vancouver Ginats' Pre-Season Tournament in Langley, BC.
2019 Pre-Season Schedule:
Friday, September 6th at Vancouver Giants - 7:30 p.m. - Langley Events Centre - Langley, BC
Saturday, September 7th vs. Kamloops Blazers - 11:00 a.m. - Langley Events Centre - Langley, BC
Sunday, September 8th vs. Everett Silvertips - 1:00 p.m. - Langley Events Centre - Langley, BC
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Team White Edges Team Black 4-3 in OT at Winnipeg ICE Training Camp Showcase Game - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings Trim Roster to 32 Players - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Mutala Scores Hat Trick to Defeat Portland 3-2 - Tri-City Americans
- 17 Year Olds Lead the Way against Tri-City - Portland Winterhawks
- Rockets comeback bid falls short - Kelowna Rockets
- Team White Wins Annual Intrasquad Game - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Giants Wrap up Weekend with a 2-1 Shootout Win over Spokane - Vancouver Giants
- New Food/Drink Options, Broadcast Details and More - Swift Current Broncos
- Strong Goaltending Not Enough as Chiefs Lose 2-1 in Shootout - Spokane Chiefs
- Team White 6, Team Black 4 in Hitmen Intrasquad Game - Calgary Hitmen
- Nash Signs with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Team One Captures Inaugural Jarret Stoll Cup - Winnipeg Ice
- Americans Lose Preseason Game 4-3 to Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- Gurney a Standout in Preseason Win - Everett Silvertips
- Broncos Complete Comeback in Shootout over Pats - Swift Current Broncos
- Winterhawks Win First Game of 2019 - Portland Winterhawks
- Preseason Shootout in Everett - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Beaten by Blazers - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.