Roy and Steel Head to Gulls, McParland Released from PTO
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned left wing Kevin Roy and center Sam Steel to the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, San Diego has released left wing Steve McParland from a professional tryout (PTO).
Roy, 25 (5/20/93), appeared in three games with the Ducks this season, going scoreless. In 28 career NHL games, Roy has posted 6-1=7 points with a +2 rating and six penalty minutes (PIM). Roy made his NHL debut on Nov. 9, 2017 vs. Vancouver and scored his first career NHL goal on Nov. 15, 2018 vs. Boston.
Selected in the fourth round (97th overall) of the 2012 NHL Draft, Roy has earned 31-56=87 points with a +5 rating and 36 PIM in 119 career AHL games with the Gulls. The 5-9, 170-pound forward returns to San Diego having recorded 1-3=4 points with a +1 rating and six PIM in five games.
Steel, 21 (2/3/98), earned 1-3=4 points in 16 games with the Ducks this season. Selected by Anaheim in the first round (30th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft, Steel made his NHL debut on Oct. 3, 2018 at San Jose and scored his first career NHL goal on Oct. 21, 2018 vs. Buffalo.
The 5-11, 186-pound center has collected 17-17=34 points in 45 games with San Diego this season. Steel currently leads Gulls rookies in goals, and ranks second in points and assists.
McParland, 28 (2/13/91), appeared in one game during his PTO, going scoreless. In five AHL games with San Diego this season, The 5-11, 194-pound forward has recorded one goal. A native of Schreiber, Ontario, McParland returns to the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL having scored 21-25=46 points with a +4 rating and 27 PIM in 53 games, leading the club in scoring and goals, and ranking second in assists.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2019
- Iowa Earns 4-3 Overtime Victory against Grand Rapids - Iowa Wild
- Wedgewood, Amerks Shutout Sound Tigers to Sweep Season Series - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Takes Down Griffins in Overtime - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Can't Withstand Wolves Charge - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Rally to Sink Admirals - Chicago Wolves
- Mike Vecchione Scores Twice as Phantoms Defeat Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hutchinson Steals Game for Marlies with a 42-Save Shutout - Laval Rocket
- Crunch Blank Comets, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Outlasted by Wolf Pack in 3-2 Shootout Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Halverson's Effort Helps Pack to Shootout Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport's seven-game win streak comes to an end in series finale against Rochester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Rally Late But Fall in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Devils Lose to Thunderbirds 3-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Saarela Scores Twice But Comeback Comes up Short - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Blank Senators 4-0 in Front of 10,207 Fans at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Defeat Bears 3-2 in OT Shootout - Providence Bruins
- T-Birds Stun Devils with Third-Period Comeback Win on Road - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Belleville Shutout in Cleveland - Belleville Senators
- Comets Shutout in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Roy and Steel Head to Gulls, McParland Released from PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game #53 Preview: Tucson vs. Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for March 10 - San Jose Barracuda
- Sound Tigers Face Americans Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Thunderbirds Sign G Alex Sakellaropoulous to PTO - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Kaser Wins 10th MAB Broadcast Excellence Award - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Assign Matt Luff to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Marlies Look to Make It Three Straight - Toronto Marlies
- Flyers Loan Justin Bailey to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Coyotes Assign Fasching to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Battle Bakersfield Friday in Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Griffins Host Rockford on '90s Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Sign Forward Greg Wolfe to PTO Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Hockey, Hops and Hope Is Back March 12 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Monsters, March 8 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.