Marlies Look to Make It Three Straight
The Toronto Marlies and Laval Rocket square off again today for their final meeting in Laval and second last meeting of the regular season.
The Marlies jumped out to a 5-3 lead in the season series following Wednesday night's win in Laval that saw rookie defenceman Rasmus Sandin provide the overtime heroics. The Marlies have seen continued success on the road this season, scoring 116 of their 201 goals on the road. They have a +21-goal differential away from the Coliseum and their power play on the road is second (25.6%) in the AHL with the most power play goals-for (34). With 71 points, the Marlies are four points back from second place in the North Division behind Rochester and four points ahead of both Utica and Belleville who are fighting for the fourth seed with 67 points apiece.
The Rocket picked up a point in Wednesday's contest but have dropped their past two games and five of their last 10. They are currently sitting in seventh place in the North Division and 12th in the Eastern Conference with 58 points.
Players to watch: Jeremy Bracco (one goal, four assists) and Adam Brooks (two goals, two assists) both have points in four consecutive games. Dmytro Timashov picked up a goal in Wednesday's game and has eight points (four goals, four assists) in his last eight games. Michael Carcone recorded an assist on Wednesday and now has seven points (two goals, five assists) in his last seven games. Laval's Daniel Audette registered two goals on Wednesday, ending a six-game drought. He sits third in team scoring with 32 points.
Puck drops at 7:00 PM on AHLTV.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
31-19-6-3 Overall Record 24-25-6-4
5-2-1-0 Head To Head 3-2-3-0
Win 2 Streak Loss 2
201 Goals For 157
194 Goals Against 175
22.1% Power Play Percentage 16.5%
79.5% Penalty Kill Percentage 78.3%
C. Mueller (24) Leading Goal Scorer A. Belzile (13)
J. Bracco (59) Leading Points Scorer A. Belzile (44)
M. Hutchinson (11) Wins Leader C. Lindgren (10)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2019
- Iowa Earns 4-3 Overtime Victory against Grand Rapids - Iowa Wild
- Wedgewood, Amerks Shutout Sound Tigers to Sweep Season Series - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Takes Down Griffins in Overtime - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Can't Withstand Wolves Charge - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Rally to Sink Admirals - Chicago Wolves
- Mike Vecchione Scores Twice as Phantoms Defeat Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hutchinson Steals Game for Marlies with a 42-Save Shutout - Laval Rocket
- Crunch Blank Comets, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Outlasted by Wolf Pack in 3-2 Shootout Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Halverson's Effort Helps Pack to Shootout Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport's seven-game win streak comes to an end in series finale against Rochester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Rally Late But Fall in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Devils Lose to Thunderbirds 3-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Saarela Scores Twice But Comeback Comes up Short - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Blank Senators 4-0 in Front of 10,207 Fans at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Defeat Bears 3-2 in OT Shootout - Providence Bruins
- T-Birds Stun Devils with Third-Period Comeback Win on Road - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Belleville Shutout in Cleveland - Belleville Senators
- Comets Shutout in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Roy and Steel Head to Gulls, McParland Released from PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game #53 Preview: Tucson vs. Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for March 10 - San Jose Barracuda
- Sound Tigers Face Americans Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Thunderbirds Sign G Alex Sakellaropoulous to PTO - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Kaser Wins 10th MAB Broadcast Excellence Award - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Assign Matt Luff to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Marlies Look to Make It Three Straight - Toronto Marlies
- Flyers Loan Justin Bailey to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Coyotes Assign Fasching to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Battle Bakersfield Friday in Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Griffins Host Rockford on '90s Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Sign Forward Greg Wolfe to PTO Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Hockey, Hops and Hope Is Back March 12 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Monsters, March 8 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.