Rox Return Home, Win Fourth Straight
St. Cloud, MN - The 2017 Northwoods League Champions St. Cloud Rox returned back home on Monday night as one of the hottest teams in the Northwoods League, having won three straight.
The Rox continued to stay hot at the Rock Pile, topping the La Crosse Loggers 5-1 to secure their fourth win in a row.
St. Cloud tallied one run in each of the second and fourth inning, before breaking things open in the bottom of the sixth with two runs. The Rox ended up adding one more run in the seventh inning en route to another win.
Marshall Gilbert (Mississippi State) had a breakout game for St. Cloud, leading the way by going 3-for-4 with two RBI. Ryan Davis (Georgetown) and Ryland Kerr (Eastern Kentucky) each had one hit and one RBI, Ricardo Sanchez (Arkansas at Pine Bluff) went 1-for-4 with two runs scored and Connor Aube (Texas at Arlington), Bobby Seymour (Wake Forest) and Jack Barrie (Reinhardt) each tallied two hits in the game.
John Matthews (Kent State) got the start on the mound for St. Cloud, pitching 6.2 impressive innings. He gave up just four hits, one run and struck out six batters to pick up the win. Justin Wick (Creighton) threw 1.1 shutout innings in relief, giving up one hit and recording three strikeouts, while Sergio Esparza (Arkansas at Pine Bluff) tossed the final inning to shut the door.
St. Cloud (13-10 second half, 29-30 overall) will return back to the Rock Pile at 7:05 p.m. Tuesday night against La Crosse. The game will be Community All-Stars Night presented by Sentry Bank. Nine area youth will be awarded the ultimate Rox experience before and during the game. To get tickets to the game, click here.
The Rox are in their seventh season of Northwoods League Baseball in 2018. Single game and group tickets for the entire season are on sale now. For more information on purchasing tickets, visit the Rox Ticket Office on the west end of the Municipal Athletic Complex, call 320-240-9798 or visit www.stcloudrox.com.
Images from this story
Marshall Gilbert of the St. Cloud Rox leads off
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 30, 2018
- Bucks Drop 8-4 Opener in Bismarck - Waterloo Bucks
- Rox Return Home, Win Fourth Straight - St. Cloud Rox
- Applegate Leads Bullfrogs to Narrow Victory at Home - Green Bay Booyah
- Honkers Fall in Duluth - Rochester Honkers
- Dock Spiders Stumble vs. Mallards - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Drop First Game in Kalamazoo - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Place Your Bids for the Thrivent Financial Jersey Auction - Willmar Stingers
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase Rosters - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Culliver & Hueth Named to NWL Major League Dreams Showcase Roster - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Head into Road Trip with Walk-Off Win Energy - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Four Players, Al Newman to Represent Rox at 2018 Dreams Showcase - St. Cloud Rox
- Three Bullfrogs Selected for Major League Dreams Showcase - Green Bay Booyah
- Dock Spiders Homestand Highlights (July 30 - August 3) - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Battle Creek Takes Rubber Match in Comeback Fashion against Green Bay - Battle Creek Bombers
- Three Dock Spiders Selected to Play in NWL Major League Dreams Showcase - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Three Honkers Selected to the Major League Dream Showcase - Rochester Honkers
- Seven Mallards Chosen for Major League Dreams Showcase - Madison Mallards
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase Rosters - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.