Woodchucks Drop First Game in Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo, MI - The Woodchucks were held to three hits in a 6-2 loss to the Kalamazoo Growlers.
The Growlers struck first in the fourth inning on a home run by Sam Crail and a two out single from Kawambee Moss. The Woodchucks kept the game close until the seventh inning when Kalamazoo added four runs with Ivan Johnson's two run single being the big blow.
The Woodchucks attempted a rally in the ninth scoring two runs on a double by Zach DeLoach, but the rally fell short.
Zach De La Garza started on the mound and went four innings giving up seven hits and two runs while striking out three and walking one. DJ Moreland took over and pitched two clean innings with no hits, two walks and two strikeouts. Sam Ballard was up next giving up the four runs. Brandon Bachman finished the game keeping the Growlers from doing additional damage.
Zach DeLoach was 1-3 with a walk and two RBIs. Reese Alexiades went 2-4 with a stolen base and run.
DJ Coleman pitched well out of the pen with two scoreless innings. Brandon Bachman also pitched well going two scoreless innings with three strikeouts and no walks.
The Wisconsin Woodchucks are back in action on Tuesday, July 31st, in Kalamazoo. First pitch is at 10:05 am (CDT). The Woodchucks return home on Saturday August 4th to face Kalamazoo in a 6:35 start. Enjoy Saturday night Cellcom Post-Game Fireworks set to Florida Georgia Line hits. Saturday will also be Hooray for Bowling Night, presented by Dale's Weston Lanes. For tickets, call us at 715.845.5055, stop by our front office, or visit woodchucks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 30, 2018
- Bucks Drop 8-4 Opener in Bismarck - Waterloo Bucks
- Rox Return Home, Win Fourth Straight - St. Cloud Rox
- Applegate Leads Bullfrogs to Narrow Victory at Home - Green Bay Booyah
- Honkers Fall in Duluth - Rochester Honkers
- Dock Spiders Stumble vs. Mallards - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Drop First Game in Kalamazoo - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Place Your Bids for the Thrivent Financial Jersey Auction - Willmar Stingers
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase Rosters - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Culliver & Hueth Named to NWL Major League Dreams Showcase Roster - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Head into Road Trip with Walk-Off Win Energy - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Four Players, Al Newman to Represent Rox at 2018 Dreams Showcase - St. Cloud Rox
- Three Bullfrogs Selected for Major League Dreams Showcase - Green Bay Booyah
- Dock Spiders Homestand Highlights (July 30 - August 3) - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Battle Creek Takes Rubber Match in Comeback Fashion against Green Bay - Battle Creek Bombers
- Three Dock Spiders Selected to Play in NWL Major League Dreams Showcase - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Three Honkers Selected to the Major League Dream Showcase - Rochester Honkers
- Seven Mallards Chosen for Major League Dreams Showcase - Madison Mallards
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase Rosters - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.