Culliver & Hueth Named to NWL Major League Dreams Showcase Roster
Waterloo, IA - The Northwoods League has announced the rosters for the 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase which includes pitcher Joshua Culliver and outfielder Brendan Hueth of the Waterloo Bucks. The event, which will be hosted by the Madison Mallards at Warner Park on Tuesday, August 7, will consist of a double-header featuring the top players from the NWL. Both Culliver and Hueth will play for the Home Team in the 4:05 pm game.
Culliver, a freshman from the University of Minnesota and originally from Omaha, Nebraska, is currently sporting a 2-4 record with a 6.00 ERA for Waterloo this summer. The 6'2", 188-pound left-handed pitcher has struck out 17 batters in 27 innings pitched.
Hueth, a freshman from St. Joseph's University and originally from Spring Lake, New Jersey, is currently hitting .311 with 19 RBI and 11 stolen bases. The 6'3", 185-pounder was named an NWL All-Star earlier this month.
Players for the Showcase were selected by a panel of Major League Baseball Scouts. The players will participate in a day of workouts in front of scouts which will be followed by the double-header.
Proceeds from the Major League Dreams Showcase will benefit the Northwoods League Foundation. The Northwoods League Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball into positive change and support for communities. Of the many needs the foundation may address through grants, scholarships or donations, one ongoing focus will be to view its member communities and look upon the baseball programs they have in place with a harmonious goal of making them all finer places to live.
The first game will start at 4:05 p.m. and will match two teams featuring a mix of North Division players. The players on the visiting team in this game will primarily come from Willmar, St. Cloud, Bismarck, Duluth and Thunder Bay. The home team will be made up of players mainly from Mankato, Rochester, La Crosse, Eau Claire and Waterloo. Former Major League player and coach Al Newman of the St. Cloud Rox will skipper the visiting team while Dale Varsho of the Eau Claire Express will manage the home team.
The second game will start at 7:35 p.m. and will be played by two teams of South Division players. The visiting team for this game will be made up of players mostly from Rockford, Fond du Lac, Green Bay, Kalamazoo and Battle Creek. The home team will have players from Madison, Lakeshore, Kenosha, Wisconsin Rapids and Wisconsin.
Tickets for the event can still be purchased and are available at mallardsbaseball.com.
The Bucks are in the midst of a seven-day, eight-game road trip, facing the Bismarck Larks tonight at 7:05 pm, but return home on Thursday, August 2 to start a two-game homestand with a 6:35 pm game versus the La Crosse Loggers.
All Bucks home games are played at Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium where the team welcomed a new state of the art video board in 2016 thanks to a matching grant from the Black Hawk County Gaming Association. Team ownership has invested more than $170,000 in improvements since the end of the 2014 season including painted bleachers, public Wi-Fi, sound system, group outing areas, kids zone inflatables, and concessions equipment. Fans are encouraged to stay in touch with the Bucks by utilizing their website at www.waterloobucks.com or utilizing the Northwoods League Mobile App. Tickets are now on sale by calling the Bucks' Ticket Line at 319-232-5633.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 30, 2018
- Bucks Drop 8-4 Opener in Bismarck - Waterloo Bucks
- Rox Return Home, Win Fourth Straight - St. Cloud Rox
- Applegate Leads Bullfrogs to Narrow Victory at Home - Green Bay Booyah
- Honkers Fall in Duluth - Rochester Honkers
- Dock Spiders Stumble vs. Mallards - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Drop First Game in Kalamazoo - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Place Your Bids for the Thrivent Financial Jersey Auction - Willmar Stingers
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase Rosters - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Culliver & Hueth Named to NWL Major League Dreams Showcase Roster - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Head into Road Trip with Walk-Off Win Energy - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Four Players, Al Newman to Represent Rox at 2018 Dreams Showcase - St. Cloud Rox
- Three Bullfrogs Selected for Major League Dreams Showcase - Green Bay Booyah
- Dock Spiders Homestand Highlights (July 30 - August 3) - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Battle Creek Takes Rubber Match in Comeback Fashion against Green Bay - Battle Creek Bombers
- Three Dock Spiders Selected to Play in NWL Major League Dreams Showcase - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Three Honkers Selected to the Major League Dream Showcase - Rochester Honkers
- Seven Mallards Chosen for Major League Dreams Showcase - Madison Mallards
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase Rosters - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.